a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields.
Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums.
Job Title: Finance Director, West Africa
|Open date:||Dec 2, 2015 2:14:51 PM|
Details• Provide the General Manager and Management Team with expert advice and support regarding financial management and control.
• Responsible for conducting annual budgeting and monthly reviews. Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in WA’s financial plan and annual budget proposals. Identify and highlight potential areas of concern in a timely manner.
• Manage all financial activities, including cost analysis, capital expenditures, working capital, cash flow management and tax planning. Work with Area Management and other GSK Corporate functions in establishment of appropriate policies in these areas.
• Engage Board of Directors, Board Committees and Shareholders Forum around budgets, results, issues and trends. Establish optimal dividend and capitalisation policies in conjunction with Board Finance Committee and GSK Corporate Management.
• Actively participate and lead discussion as an executive director in the Audit Committee meetings, Board Finance Committee meetings and Board meetings for GSK Consumer Nigeria Plc.
• Prepare and review financial information across all three businesses (Consumer, Pharma and GMS) and present to various committees as part of the PLC governance. Ensure that all three GSK business unit heads are engaged and actively involved in delivery of results for the PLC.
• Work with Internal Audit and Audit Committee in evaluation and testing of controls.
• Ensure compliance with all local SEC and Stock Exchange requirements.
• Oversee all accounting procedures and systems used by the company. Ensure all financial processes are compliant with GSK policies, International Financial Reporting Standards, Nigerian Accounting Standards and local SEC regulations.
• Guide and coordinate development of Risk Maps and Business Continuity Plans for the Consumer WA business unit.
• Liaise with and provide financial reporting to Lucozade-Ribena Suntory brand owners and business partners.
Qualifications• Lead financial delivery of business strategy projects ensuring that both financial strategy is prepared and understood by the business and measured against those plans during execution.
Basic qualifications: • Chartered Accountant with 10-15 years post qualification experience in Finance related function in a manufacturing organisation of which the last 3-5 years should be at very senior levels.
• Experience in making critical decisions in an autonomous environment with track record of superior financial judgement.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader, facilitator, and team member with strong communications/interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to create commercial analysis and translate findings into strategic recommendations.
• Strong project management skills.
• Systems and process expert including strong change management capabilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply