Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria’s premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
Job Title: Research Assistant
Research Assistant, First Bank Sustainability Centre
The First Bank Sustainability Centre is a partnership with Lagos Business School and one of Africa’s leading financial operators, First Bank Limited.
The Centre’s objectives are to advance corporate sustainability and delivery in Nigeria in an intellectual and practical way. The Sustainability Center will contribute towards shaping the perspective of key policy and decision makers in the private sector.
To achieve the afore-mentioned objectives, the centre seeks to engage a Research Assistant. The job details are as shown below:
Reports To: Centre Manager, First Bank Sustainability Centre
Position Type: 2 years contract
Purpose of Position: Assist in the compilation of data and materials for research and book publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Source for data needed for book and academic publications
- Liaise with industry managers for business data autentification
- Interview firms to extract vital information for case study preparations and book publication
- Develop and present reports on assigned tasks
- Drive self-development to enhance professional growth and quality of work.
- Gather data and references for research work
- Conduct preliminary studies and other fact finding assignments to facilitate research activities
- Seek out Industry contacts for technical data and cases studies
- Any other relevant responsibility to be assigned by a Faculty and line manager from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure data compilation to enable publication of at least one publication within the stipulated time frame.
- Feedback from Centre Manager
- Accuracy of data collected
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, SPSS etc
- Flexibility and working under pressure
- Good computer skill
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Transcribing Skills
- On-line researching skills
- Knowledge of proof reading and referencing
- Knowledge of fieldwork implementation
- Very good first degree in social science/science discipline
- Masters or Research degree is an added advantage.
- Experience in data collation/analysis in a medium or large scale organization or research institution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to [email protected]