Qualified Farm Manager required at Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited. Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited – We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Job opening ID: 75
Roles and responsibilities
- Oversee day to day operations in the Farm i.e. planning the running of the farm; setting budget and production targets; buying and selling produce; keeping financial records and records of crops.
- Create schedules for planting and harvesting on the farm, deciding which crops to plant and in what quantities and what fertilizers to use.
- Responsible for planning work schedules of farm employees–both full-time and temporary workers.
- Secure necessary funding for the farm and oversee cash flow, ensuring farm workers’ wages are paid, machinery and equipment are repaired and all crops are sold at the best prices.
- Implement the short and long term business plans.
- Drive the business and work with your staff to ensure success.
- Optimise the farm performance in accordance with company policy.
- Organise farm administration and work machinery.
- Organise associated businesses and manage staff.
- Work within best practice environmental guidelines.
- Ensure the farm maintains quality standards
- Identification and reporting of hazard/danger, accidents, near misses, and property damage at the workplace
- Ensuring the appropriate training and record keeping is undertaken
- A degree in Agricultural Science or any related field
- Not less than 6 years experience in a related position and industry.
- Technical and practical competence, as well as the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Have the necessary planning and organisational skills to achieve targets and carry out Company policies as applicable to this property.
- Budgeting skills.
- Problem solving Skills
- Have the ability to act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining staff.
- Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
- Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company.
- Accept the role as a manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in developing and achieving Company objectives.
- Be receptive to learning new technologies to help improve productivity and profitability of the farm.
- Work experience 6 years
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2014.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online