is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidate for the position of Oracle Accounting Officer at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Oracle Accounting Officer (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Purchase Order Accounting Management:
- Reconcile Commitments and or Obligations on Purchase Orders (P.O) / Requisitions;
- Periodically advise delivery status on paid P.O that have not been receipted and follow up with Supply Chain as necessary;
- Monitor Local Prepaid orders and follow up with the buyer;
- Provide Audit figure for Inventory and non-inventory Good-In-Transit at year-end financial accounts compilation;
- Raise appropriate journal as necessary to correct wrong P. O coding of actual charges or elimination of encumbrances wrongly created;
- Inventory Management:
- Run daily the Cost Manager;
- Adjust for Invoice Price Variance (IPV);
- Attend to issue of wrong item pricing and correct as appropriate;
- Compute appropriate price when storekeepers are making item transfers;
- Close Cost module at month end accounts closure processes;
- Coordinate Annual Stock Count;
- Provide Year End Inventory Value for annual audit purpose;
- Process and upload financial spreadsheets into Oracle.
- Review Purchase Orders related payment vouchers as initiated by treasury staff.
- Assist in Fixed Assets Management.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
- HND/BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant field with 3 years of experience performing similar role.
- Professional Membership of any of the following: ICAN, ACCA is highly essential.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good experience of ORACLE system or any related ERP package
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and take initiative
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date:
17th April 2014
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package