Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market. At Oando, we always on the look out for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated people who can contribute to our continuing success.
Oando Nigeria Limited is recruiting for the position of:
Vacancy Title: Treasury Officer
Vacancy Code: TO/FT/SM/14096
The Treasury officer will assist in making payments for all OES transactions and monitoring cash and bank balances, he also assists the treasury supervisor in all treasury related and receivables function. He also maintains Port Harcourt petty cash system.He/she shall be responsible for providing daily bank balances and weekly payment plan reports.
Maintain PHC petty cash system
Work with the Account Payable Officers and prepare monthly reconciliation of all Foreign Suppliers and major Local Suppliers. While the accounts of other routine suppliers should be reconciled quarterly. Ensure all reconciling items are investigated and cleared promptly.
- Provide necessary support to Operations and other functions
- Ensure prompt processing of statutory payments (Pension,VAT,WHT)
- Knowledge sharing within Finance
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Treasury supervisor, Finance Manager and the entity CFO
- Maintain PHC petty cash system
- Work with the Account Payable Officers and prepare monthly reconciliation of all Foreign Suppliers and major Local Suppliers. While the accounts of other routine suppliers should be reconciled quarterly.
- Ensure all reconciling items are investigated and cleared promptly
- Ensuring Financial Procedures are complied with at all times
- Maintains an up-to-date record of all bank/ cash accounts.
- Avails management of daily cash balance as well as payment plan.
- Carry out a monthly/quarterly cash count at all petty cash locations.
- Download and Maintain Bank account statements on a monthly basis
- Monthly bank reconciliation and review bank charges, COT on all OES bank accounts.
- Control over systems posting and reporting. This includes ensuring that the sub-ledger and ledger balances of all cash and cash equivalents agree at all times.
- Process approved payments while ensuring zero tolerance to payment without a system generated voucher
- Maintain a database of contact persons for all OES Suppliers/Vendor
- Maintain a database of all OES Suppliers/Vendor NUBAN account details which must be up-to-date at all times.
- Generate payment advice and send to suppliers immediately after payment made
- Ensure strict security of all OES internet banking password.
- Maintain an efficient filing and document retrieval system, both manual and automated.
- Ensure immediate application of all cash receipts into the company account
- Provide a weekly aged analysis of AR and AP and advise on necessary line of action
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy of transaction processing (posting of entries etc.)
- Accuracy of accounting schedules prepared
- Accuracy of invoices prepared
- Accuracy of payments processed
- Level of un-reconciled items in accounts handled
- Quality and timeliness of accounting reports produced
- Level of adherence to regulatory/statutory reporting guidelines and timelines
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information/documents and reports
- Transaction turnaround times
Finance or Accounting Degree and equivalent professional certification
- Minimum 3 years in a Financial role
- Knowledge of sub-system applications and understanding of the inter-relationship between various applications & systems
- Professional Certification-ICAN, ACCA etc
- Minimum of 2 years in a Financial role
- Good knowledge of sub-system applications
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: