Accounts Receivable Supervisor at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
- Responsible for coordination with the Operations and Planning departments to ensure proper data is available for raising invoices on time.
- Assist Revenue Controller in liaising with Operations department and the Customer to ensure immediate resolution of any differences and discrepancies in Invoice.
- In coordination with Operations and GSC s/he must ensure timely and error free invoicing.
- Constant follow-up with Customers on outstanding/overdue
- Assist in preparing A/R analysis and reports for Management weekly basis
- Ensure complete and timely waiver files are received from City office
- Review waiver files and ensure the completeness of all documents
- Timely prepare all monthly control documents related to AR activities.
- Further development and expansion of sales ledger services
- Other accounting functions delegated by Revenue Controller/M.R
Who we are looking for
- Requires a college degree in business or accounting, or related discipline
- Requires at least three years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience, preferably in the private sector, and in transportation or related industry.
- Requires a general understanding of accounting principles and transactions.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of revenue and banking processes and procedures.
- Requires the ability to interpret applicable company policies and procedures, applying them consistently and without discrimination.
- Requires sufficient understanding of various accounting concepts in order to review and interpret accounting data.
- Must have good understanding and working knowledge of accounting specific software. Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
Application Closing Date:
23rd April, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should