Assistant Manager, Finance & Accounting Recruitment at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Finance & Accounting
Provide timely and accurate financial information / analysis of Maersk Line performance to Cluster Management
- Overall responsible to ensure accurate General Ledger is maintained for all accounts including statutory.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly financials, schedules, reconciliation for Senior Finance Management review
- Ensure Hermes is correctly and timely updated and signed-off
- Prepare quarterly forecast for management review and upload the data in Hermes4cast.
- Prepare/Assist Management in annual budget
- Ensure monthly reconciliation and internal control files are timely updated for Senior Finance Management review
- To co-ordinate with GSC and ensure that off-shored tasks are carried out timely, accurately and completely
- To oversee the operations of the Payables function to ensure vendors are paid accurately and efficiently
- To oversee the performance of Receivables function to ensure customer invoices are correctly and timely issued.
- Drive identification of local opportunities to improve profitability
- To be responsible for risk management surrounding payments and receipts
- Outstanding receivables management
- Ensure that local finance and controls are complete, accurate and timely in line with global guidelines and local laws and regulations
- Ad hoc reporting
Who we are looking for
- Requires a university degree in business or accounting. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Requires at least th five years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience preferably in the private sector, and in transportation or related industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of Management Accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Must be familiar with best practices in the professional field of accounting and financial analysis.
- Must be familiar with finance and banking concepts and the tools for analyzing financial decisions, based on modern financial theory, including such things as discounted cash flow techniques, capital budgeting and valuation; investment decisions, analysis of corporate financial policy, including capital structure, cost of capital, financial markets, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Must have thorough understanding and working knowledge of accounting specific software. Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
Application Closing Date:
23rd April, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should