Career Opportunity In An Insurance Firm
Our Client is a leading Insurance Company licensed to transact Life and Non-Life Insurance business in Nigeria.
Job Reference Number: LAG/CFO/01/ Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: The ideal Candidate will be responsible for the overall Financial and Fiscal functions of the Company.
· Oversees the Finance Function of the Organization, primarily responsible for the smooth and effective day-today planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial activities of the Business, including:
· Development and Monitoring of the Company Budget and business performance, providing leadership in the development of short-and long-term strategic financial objectives of the Company
· Reporting and Liaison Functions – Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Organization, services the preparation of the Company’s Annual Financial Statements to ensure they are in accordance with international, Industry, Federal, State and other relevant statutes and guidelines
· Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the Company.
· Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors to ensure all audit and compliance issues are resolved.
· Attend Board and Sub-Committee meetings.
· Asset Management – oversees the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets
· Assists in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of salaries and incentives for Company staff. Investigate cost-effective fringe benefits which the Organization may offer with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
Reports to: Managing Director
· Conducts Project/ Investment Analysis and Negotiation, Cost Benefit Analysis and Forecasting
· People Development-Coaches, trains and mentors subordinates in order to improve their awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
Education Qualifications and Requirements
· A minimum of a Second Class Lower in B.Sc. in Accounting or any Finance/ numerate-related filed from a recognized University.
· M.Sc. in Accounting or any related field a plus.
· Must be a Chartered Accountants (ACA) and a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN), or possess professional accounting qualifications from any other recognized professional body (ACCA, CPA, CFA).
· Sound understanding of current Industry regulatory and statutory reporting (IFRS) requirements and prevalent corporate governance rules and guidelines, compliance and enterprise risks management, experience in internal audit, corporate finance and company secretarial matters a plus.
How to Apply
Upload your CV at www.workplacecentre.com/careers and send a copy to [email protected] with reference number as subject heading
All applications must be submitted not later than 1 week from the date of this publication
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.