Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Manager: Talent Development and Engagement
To implement talent learning and development and employee engagement to enhance skills and competencies of the workforce and ensure sustenance of Airtel Nigeria Culture and achievement of corporate goals.
Implement various Learning & Development initiatives
- Implement & deliver the Company’s Learning & Development Initiatives in line with approved Training plan and organizational focus.
- Source and schedule Learning interventions
- Ensure all employee training records are up to date
- Source training materials including external training providers when required.
- Ensure training implementation & documentation is aligned with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) guidelines
Effective implementation of the Change Management process
- Champion the change process
- Carry out periodic organization assessments and make recommendations for change
Implement various corporate transformation & Communication initiatives
- Implement the Company’s Organizational Development Initiatives in line with HR philosophy and in alignment with Airtel Culture
- Support the Employee Engagement survey (Airpulse Survey) – monitoring, tracking, solutions implementation process.
- Support and in some cases champion employee communications and events e.g. Airtel employee branding, Employee Communication Forum (ECF) , Annual Operating Plan (AOP) Cascade etc.
- Support the Corporate Communications function in clarifying & reinforcing the Airtel Nigeria purpose and mission/values to inspire and engage the workforce
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelors Degree
- A professional qualification from any of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM would be an added advantage
- Possess demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, organizational or customer requirements, situations or dynamics and to recommend and develop appropriate strategies or interventions to address them
- Ability to design communication documents using, MS Word, Power point, excel ,movie making, Flash, and Graphic design applications will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage projects effectively and taking initiative and using sound judgment; to maintain confidentiality and ethical interpersonal behavior.
- Knowledge of the mission, strategy, structure, lines of authority, financial position and systems of the organisation.
- Knowledge of career development principles and practices
- At least 5 years working experience
- A minimum of two years in Training and Development (the area of competency definition and Instructional design at an organizational level).
- Experience with employee opinion surveys, exit surveys, etc.
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Creative, forward thinker.
Assistant Manager:Investigations & Audit (Security Department)
Develop and Implement reliable systems and process for intelligence gathering
- Active involvement in surveillance, information and intelligence gathering nationwide
- Conduct basic investigations nationwide with active collaboration with internal audit team
Ensure effective liaison and relationship with national law enforcement authorities
- Liaise, establish and maintain relationships with security agencies
- Monitor progress of any case(s) referred to the police or any other such agencies.
- Active involvement in community relations issues
Ensure effective and periodic security surveillance
- Conduct periodic risk assessment, threat analysis and security reviews and submit written recommendations to management
- Produce monthly report on security fleet nationwide
Effective management of employee communications on security matters
- Manage security awareness and regular security briefing sessions and security alerts for employees
Design and implement efficient security logistics systems nationwide
- Effective collaboration with other functions and Groups, to achieve national goals and objectives
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional/Technical Skills
- First degree in any discipline
- Security investigations and intelligence skills
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Ability to monitor and prosecute cases
- Proven ability to maintain contact and relationships with state and national security agencies/officials
- Strong supervisory skills
- Paramilitary/Military experience would be an added advantage.
- Five years of relevant working experience in telecoms or related industry
- Relevant security experience/background
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, with seniors, peers and subordinates towards achievement of corporate goals
- Multi skilled and versatile