At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT), Onne is a modern container terminal supporting the rapid growth and industrialization of the Nigerian polity. WACT is located in Onne Rivers State South East of Nigeria.
We currently have vacancy for A FINANCE CLERK.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the position will be responsible for the provision of timely and accurate accounting/reporting and supporting/maintaining day to day efficiencies within the finance department.
The incumbent must be able to handle matters of company business with confidentiality and integrity.
In this position we offer
• In depth exposure to Financial Systems
• Opportunities for professional and personal growth in a very dynamic environment.
Prepares weekly Bank reconciliation for all Bank accounts;
• Verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions including all outstanding open items immediately within defined time as per SOP.
• Any entries identified to be passed or rectified during the Bank reconciliations should be immediately discussed with Finance manager / Finance controller / Financial Accountant and relevant action to be taken.
• Preparation of periodic Journal Entries.
• Ensure all General ledger JEs for the month are properly filed with close interaction with all team members.
• Handles the company’s cash activities, receiving cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services, or issuing cash for reimbursable items, advances, and so forth to suppliers or employees.
• Match the payments with invoices
• Reconciles cash daily at the end of the day.
• Handles cash payments in accordance with approved petty cash request forms. Checks to ensure proper authorization.
• Creates and enters a daily batch of vouchers to the financial database, reconciling cash on hand.
• Makes change, cashes checks, and issues receipts to employees and others.
• Records amounts received.
• Gives cash to employees for approved insurance reimbursements.
• Files bank and cash vouchers to ensure proper records are maintained.
• Prepares cheques for supplier payments.
• Organizes and copies medical insurance claim vouchers to submit to insurance agent
• Issue customer receipts
• Arrange for transfer of cash & cheques to bank on a daily basis
• Tracks all bounced cheques & maintain follow up to recover amounts due
• Maintains proper controls for safe keeping of cash & cheques to prevent against fraud, theft or embezzlement
• Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by head of finance or designate.
Who we are looking for
• Requires a college degree with a specialization in business and accounting.
• Requires at least two years of general accounting experience.
• Should have some experience in Bank Reconciliations.
• Requires a sound understanding of accounting principles and transactions.
• Requires a good understanding of cash transactions.
• Requires sufficient understanding of various accounting concepts in order to review and interpret accounting data.
• Requires a good understanding of general office procedures and established policies relating to the position.
• Must be able to use financial database software for data entry.
• Must be able to compile and extract data.
• Must be detail oriented, and with good skills in numbers and general mathematics.
• Must be organized and be able to keep records and files neatly.
• Requires effective interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to use a desktop computer with experience using MS Office, especially Excel software.
• Must have basic organizational and planning skills, so that work flow is managed efficiently and accurately.