Engineer.Access Support, – Etisalat Nigeria
- Provide support on all operational TXM equipment and facilitate PAT of new integrated BSS & TXM/ADM network element. Also, facilitate 99.5% Network Access availability.
- Principal Functions
- Perform operation and maintenance of Access, Transmission and Power element to achieve network availability.
- Assist the Manager, Access Support in the implementation of an effective framework for the operation and maintenance of the BSS
- Supervise change requests implementation, faults escalation, resolution and ensure TTs are accurately closed within MTTR by NOC.
- Participate in acceptance of new BSS site, MW, ADMs and Power plant according to scope and BOQ.
- Ensure execution of routine and corrective maintenance scheduled for all active and passive elements on site.
- Ensure effective supervision of vendor/sub-con performance and other related activities (telecommunication equipment monitoring )
- Ensure effective diesel delivery and consumption within assigned cluster
- Perform cross functional support based on business demand
- Facilitate resolution of community related issues
- Generate Incidence report for network outages -weekly/ monthly report of cluster performance.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- At least 2 years relevant experience in GSM Access Network, Vsat, Multiplexers, Fibre, SDH MW Links and Power systems
- GSM Access /Transmission and AC/DC power operation and maintenance
- Problem solving skills
- Good Time management
- Computer Knowledge (MS Office, MS Projects, AutoCAD)
- Community Relations
- Strong reporting and communications skills