Nigeria Recruitment - MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Lead accountability for developing and executing a sales strategy which maximizes revenue and profit for corporate products across MEA.
Reports to the Head of Market Development who reports to the Divisional President.
The Head of Market Development will have in the region of 10-12 people reporting directly or indirectly and therefore the jobholder must be capable of operating with high levels of empowerment and accountability.
This position stands on its own with no direct reports, and the jobholder must be able to operate at a strategic and operational level.
BUSINESS LEADER, EXPERT SALES
• Lead responsibility across SSA for developing and executing sales strategies which maximize revenue and profit in Corporate products.
• Identify new business opportunities with new issuing banks and expansion of new business development with existing issuing banks.
• Lead responsibility for development and expansion of corporate travel agency sales for Central Travel Accounts
• Proactively identify and pursue (after appropriate approval secured) opportunities to improve Corporate product performance.
• Provide subject matter expertise and industry thought leadership on all matters pertaining to Corporate products. Identify product innovation opportunities emerging from the Corporate segment.
• Contribute to the customer planning process and partner with GP&S to ensure the development of products, including highly customized products, that will best serve the customer
• Ensure business objectives are aligned with, and activity coordinated across, all key stakeholders (e.g. GP&S, Market Development, Customer Delivery, Area Sales, etc) in order to prioritise initiatives and facilitate their effective implementation.
• Lead and deliver Corporate projects from concept stage through to execution whilst managing cross-functional partners.
• Define customer business and product requirements for both enterprise-wide and customer specific initiatives.
• Act as the lead liaison officer for SSA between MEA and broader MasterCard geographies and stakeholders in relation to the sale of corporate products, to ensure appropriate coordination and ensure awareness and support of MEA business objectives.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Corporate products and services (Corporate Card, SME Card, Purchasing Card, Central Travel Accounts), with significant experience in sales and business development within the B2B space.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications.
• Progressive business experience, with a strong track record in the payments industry and deep knowledge of consumer payments.
• Strong account management experience – ability to understand customer and constituent needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends and the competitive landscape.
• Strong relationship management skills – experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment, across multiple geographic locations. Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to execute through others who do not report directly.
• Strong project management skills – extensive experience and a proven track record of managing simultaneous initiatives, solving problems and applying effective planning skills to deliver multiple initiatives with external and internal clients.
• High preference for action – results driven and with a disciplined approach to deliver sales targets.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to identify issues before they develop into problems and to proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners/stakeholders.
• Strong team working skills – ability to work collaboratively and both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills – excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level.