About WTS Energy
Job description Production Chemist
- To monitor closely the efficiency and effectiveness of field laboratories.
- Provide updated laboratory procedures
- Receive and analyse daily report from the fields ie sand measurement, crude and water analysis
- Interface daily with Purchasing and Logistics on the maintenance of min-max levels for the fields (OML 124 and 126).Raise Proactis requests as at when required
- Monitor and keep a checklist of the stock of chemical injection pump, spares and reporting the stock status on weekly basis
- Collate water injection treatment reports and monitor treatment performance
- Implementation of chemical related programmes e.g Chemical treatment during pigging activity, scale capsule application, injectivity improvement of water injectors
- To participate actively in field trials thus ensuring that optimum chemical rates are being used in the fields.
- Frequently visit the field to ensure that standard procedures are being followed in all laboratory tests and measurements.
- To raise the awareness of staff to the need for correct application of various chemicals and maintain MSDS of chemical products on locations
- Carryout onsite field analysis and checks on scaling tendencies, corrosion rates, plugging index, and level of bacteria activity.
- Liaise with external laboratory for confirmatory tests on crude assay, gas, water grain distribution analysis etc.
Requirements Production Chemist
- Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Chemistry or Chemical Engineering disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience
- 25 years and above
- A very good knowledge of oilfield chemistry and the applications and uses of generic chemicals
- Good written/spoken English and Computer literate
- Supervisory and ability to develop staff
- Good interpersonal, communications and organisational skills are essential
Terms & Conditions Production Chemist
- Contract: 1 year (renewable)
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Start date: ASAP
Client is international exploration and production company.