Vacancy At Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Head – Enterprise Networks
To drive the end to end network and IT strategy, planning, implementation, operational management of Airtel Enteprise Networks business unit.
Full accountability for enterprise network strategy, project and customer delivery, transmision planning and delivery, IP planning and delivery, Enteprise network operaton, It projects, IT planning and IT operations, performance planning, performance management defining and delivering Accountability for customer satisfaction and assuring revenue realization for enterprise network products.
Other Expected end Result include:
Leadership of Enteprise Network Teams
- Operationally accountable and responsible for enterprise network planning and strategy
- Operationally accountable for enterprise network transmission planning
- Operationally accountable for enterprise network IP planning
- Operationally accountable for enterprise network operations and incident management
- Operationally accountable for enterprise network projcts
Presales support Management
- Support the Sales team in business development and market stimulation activites
- Manage the processes for scoping of the technical and operational feasibility of bespoke solutions and standard solution in line with the end customer requirement
- Manage the trade-off between speed to market, cost and quality throughout the lifecycle of customer projects engaging stakeholders as required
- Design and execute systems and processes for order capturing, order tracking, order closure, certificate of job completion, invoicing, revenue recognistion and revenue assurance
- Ensure effective management of a delivery tracker, for all ongoing Enterprise services implementation from Order to Completion in close coordination with Network and Provisioning team and publish such tracker periodically (Daily, Weekly or forthrightly) for the benefit of sales and enterprise team.
Network Planning and Project Delivery & Reporting
- Take forecasts from the enterprise sales and marketing team to design enterprise network.
- Lead the preparation of AOP & budget for capex and opex including BOQ preparations & validation
- Lead Preparation of RFP & Technical specifications, Vendor validation, selection and recommendations
- Bandwidth and capacity planning & management
- Day to day monitoring of KPIs of enterprise networks
- Bring synergies with existing network infrastructure
- Production of MIS for senior management
Cross Functional Engagement and Support
- Act as the Single Point of enterprise network activities for Airtel Busines across stakeholder departments
- Develop a win win working relationship between the regional teams, HQ teams, vendor environment, wider networks and IT, collaborate and communicate effectiveling, ensuring an inclusive approach to team work
- Provide support to the Enteprise teams in the regions and work closely with wider networks, IT, Regulatory, Legal, Service, Marketing and commercial teams to elicit support
Build a capable and motivated team to create a high performance team environment
- Provide clarity of purpose to the operational teams. Bring teams in sync with Airtel Business objectives and create cohesive workforce
- Coach, mentor and guide team members, ensuring high motivation and engagement
- Put in place training and development plan for members of the team
- Ensuring effective RHCI activities and identify team training needs and implement appropriate learning interventions
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network – Planning & Operations
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Minimum 12 years relevant experience in enterprise networks domain
- With at least 6 years senior management experience in an area of network planning
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character