KPMG Is Recruiting For An Independent, Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization
Our client is a novel Independent, Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization, established by a group of development-minded individuals, borne out of the necessity of the organized private sector to systematically develop leaders, that will be ultimately engaged by Government, to transform the society. Beyond providing scholarships, it will be an in-road into a developmental process, aimed at building sustainable value-based leadership that solves major political, social and economic problems facing the continent. The foundation is open to all strata of society, and hasa major concern with fashioning out a distinguished group of individuals to serve in the society. It is designed to be a platform that will identify, train and mentor people who will end up in the public sector and make a marked difference therein. Its focus is on building leaders for the public sector, independently, or in collaboration with the government and other key stakeholders, approaching this from an educational standpoint. In line with this objective, our Client seeks to recruit an experienced and motivated individual to fill the Chief Executive Officer role within the entity.
Chief Executive Officer (ZX 77)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be a member of the Executive Committee and will be expected to demonstrate excellent administrative, strategic, and technical management skills. S/he will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading the transformation of our Client from its current stage to a more mature organization capable of delivering on its long term vision. Specifically, s/he will ensure that our Client’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
- Collaborate with the board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the Organization’s core mission;
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization;
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the Organization to achieve its long and short-term goals and objectives;
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits the Organization to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential;
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth; Support and motivate the organization’s staff;
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization;
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place;
- Set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Rationalize the delivery of programs through new and existing offices and partnerships; Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs, services and program office marketing.
- Ability to lead the creation of a shared vision for the organization while providing effective communication to and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to guide inter-team and inter-organizational collaborations and effectively relate with a diversity of individuals.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser; Able to speak and write effectively and compellingly.
- Able to make clear, hard and timely decisions.
- Ability to lead an efficient and effective organization according to best practices, ethical guidelines and fiduciary requirements.
- Ability to create a work environment in which learning is continuous and staff feel comfortable taking risks to help the foundation meet its mission.
- Create and maintain organizational culture and effectively manage change.
- A financially savvy, entrepreneurial and a politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment decisions.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- A doctorate degree would be an added advantage.
- Experience in government-related activities.
- Experience in participating or coordinating community development CSR activities and working with youth leadership development programs.
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing branding and fiscal management experience.
- Experience at managing board relationships in a collaborative manner.
- Must be highly mobile (as travel within and outside Nigeria is required).
- Proficiency in French would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
All applications must be submitted on/before Tuesday, 8 July 2014 and sent by email to [email protected] with the relevant job title and code stated in the subject line of the email. Each application must include:
• A cover letter detailing the applicant’s position of interest and detailed contact information.
• Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline :- 8th July 2014