Parts Specialist At Cummins Inc
Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
· To provide Parts support and expertise to internal and external customer’s by identifying, sourcing and quoting Parts/Engines
· To identify and co-ordinate all parts requirements and ensure delivery to ‘point of use’ for service personnel.
· To handle all the quotations pertaining to Service Parts/New and Recon Engines and to maintain the complete data from the inquiry stage
· Support the service administration staff with all the relevant information to offer the customers with new and recon products
· To maintain the complete list of Engine overhaul parts details and their prices separately.
· To ensure all Service Department and customer Core requirements are met, ensuring all non-conforming/warranty and PIR material is clearly labelled/located and disposed of as per instructions.
· Advise and to explain to the Customer regarding the advantage of overhauling parts and the facilities available in our workshop
Key Responsibilities: (Include relevant responsibility for quality as per Cummins Quality Policy)
· To maintain cleanliness of department and the work area.
· Ongoing maintainance of Engineer van stock, to include regular van audits
· Identify and implement on-going parts initiatives to support the achievement of service productivity and deliver continuous improvements in Service efficiencies.
· Active involvement in local community initiatives either individually or company sponsored
· Implement all initiatives as required by the Management Team and other duties as identified by your Line Manager
Required Skills & Experience:
· Industry knowledge – preferred Essential
· Excellent communication skills Essential
· Strong parts system experience Essential
· Cummins product and systems knowledge or similar Advantage
· Working within warehouse and workshop environment Advantage
Good standard of education Essential
Technical Qualification Advantage