Head, Fixed Income Trading At Stanbic IBTC
Control and co-ordinate the bank’s Fixed Income positions created by sales and purchases to and from interbank and clients and manage the resulting market risk positions profitably and within agreed proprietary trading limits.
KEY JOB MEASURABLES/KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Market Knowledge (economic fundamentals)
• Need to keep up to date with current global developments, including economical & political
• In-depth knowledge of Dealing Systems and functions
• Up to date knowledge of Treasury and Fixed income Products
• Self-development and keeping up to date with latest market developments and technology
2. Manage & Execute trading book/Managing & trading risk
• Develop and implement Fixed Income trading strategies in order to achieve agreed trading revenue
• Management of positions by either accessing the primary or interbank market to neutralise positions or running proprietary risk within limits signed off
• Anticipate and be alert to market related activities and changes
• Base decisions on short term and long term implications
• Act promptly to resolve problems that may arise
• Monitor movement and interest rate risk on bond holdings
• Monitor fixed Income positions and deciding when to trade
• Need to make instant decisions on fixed income rates quoted interbank and clients (via Corporate Dealers)
3. Maximise profit for shareholders
• Speculative trading and daily trading of fixed income positions within limits to maximize profits
4. Interbank and stakeholder interfaces
• Continuous contact with the interbank market – in-country as well as with the Stanbic IBTC network
• Business development and networking internally and externally
• Communicate with all dealing room staff and relevant stakeholders within the bank.
• Prompt response to information requests from both external sources as well as Standard Bank / Stanbic Treasuries.