Relationship Manager, Expatriate & Diaspora Banking At Stanbic IBTC
Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customer in the segments, providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of segment’s value proposition.
Provide an efficient personal banking service and support to a portfolio of branch based clients across the E & D segments.
Achievement of expansion, cost management and customer retention targets through a proactive call plan and active cross selling.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Retain customers (E & D ) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy
• Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
• Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
• Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
• Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
• Ensure that the Customer is central to the entire life cycle approach of maximising sustainable value add to both the Customer and the Bank.
• Establish, build and strengthen relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, to retain customers and gain word-of-mouth referrals.
• Commitment to Service excellence and superior service delivery aligned to SLA’s and turnaround time commitments.
• Ensure that customers are appropriately educated regarding the value of using self-service channels (Internet Banking, ATMs & Mobile Banking) to empower customers and minimise adhoc service requests. Assist with migration to facilitate the migration of customers to self-service channels where appropriate.
• ***Ensure that customers are well informed with regards to lending application processes (e.g. vehicle finance, home loans, overdraft, credit card, personal loans, etc), credit maintenance processes (e.g. annual reviews) and account conduct expectations (e.g. minimum account balances, provision for debit orders and cheque payments, etc).
• Clearly and transparently inform customers of contract/account terms and conditions, fees, rates and commissions where applicable. Be prepared to articulate the value added if challenged on pricing.
• Retain ownership of customer requests, complaints and applications – follow every task through to completion keeping the customer updated on progress.
• Generate and pass on leads. Follow up to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the service received.
• Interact and build strong working relationships with Business Banking and CIB colleagues to entrench the holistic customer relationship with the bank.
• Interact frequently and build strong working relationships with enabler and fulfilment functions (including credit specialists, product specialists and wealth specialists) to shorten turnaround times.
• Manage credit and operational risks in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
• Take accountability for credit management of portfolio, including the completion of referral reports, taking action regarding exception reports to eliminate accounts in excess, ensure that all accounts are limitised and that reviews occur timeously.
• Establish and build knowledge and understanding of product and credit application processes to eliminate reworking and ensure acceptable turnaround times for customers.
• Maintain proper records (filing, update customer records on bank system, etc).
• Ensure data integrity on the banking software.
• Attend to all correspondence relating to the portfolio, including e-mails, phone calls, messages, documentation, faxes, queries and complaints, etc.
• appropriate Monitor initial activation and usage of transaction accounts and proactively take steps to mitigate dormancy.
• Follow proper procedures when closing accounts, including the recovery of outstanding funds/fees and retention of chequebooks/cards.
• Cooperate and work effectively with others in pursuit of team goals by sharing information, providing support, showing care and being considerate of other team members.
• high score on accreditation exam
• Value targets achieved/exceeded on all lines
• Continuous referrals from existing customers in portfolio
• High cross-sell ratios at a customer and portfolio level
• Minimal customer attrition – high level of portfolio growth plus low dormancy rates
• Minimal non-performing loans, accounts in excess, unlimitised accounts, overdue reviews and credit application reworks
• Increase in market share