Facilities Security Manager Job At GE
Date:Jul 7, 2014
Location:Nairobi,Midrand,Lagos, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
|Business:||GE Global Growth Organization|
|Business Segment:||Global Growth Organization – MENAT|
|About Us:||GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com|
|Posted Position Title:||Facilities Security Manager|
|Function Segment:||Building Security|
|Location:||Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||The incumbent will be responsible for the SSA Operations Center in Nairobi, Kenya and the integrated security of all GE sites in the region. He will work closely and support Global Operations Properties (GO-P) in real estate facility management to regional construction projects by defining security architecture and strategy for locations and offices housing GE’s 25+ employees.|
– Responsible for implementing all programs and processes necessary to execute security strategy for all GO-P managed facilities in Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA). Coordinate with multiple office sites for the implementation and maintenance of SCM programs necessary to ensure full compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements. You will directly manage and provide guidance to the staff of the SSA Operations Center and all regional Site Security Leaders (SSL) on all aspects of GE SCM requirements, processes and strategies
– Drive, support and manage implementation of all SCM programs at multiple sites across the region (dominant themes are physical security, business continuity planning, crisis management, emergency preparedness and fire protection, ergonomics, office safety, and contractor safety).
– Conduct and support SCM due diligence audits for new office locations including making recommendations for access control, close circuit television (CCTV) monitoring.
– Manage the staff badging program and distribution for SSA.
– Run off site CCTV and alarm monitoring for sites from the SSA Ops Center
– Identify significant site security and safety risks and design appropriate site hardening and risk mitigation processes.
– Drive metrics and compliance with all GE programs, processes and requirements across all GO-P managed sites in SSA.
– Conduct compliance and management system audits and reviews necessary to meet company and local compliance requirements and reduce risk and liability.
– Support, mentor and train site SCM coordinators, office managers, district and regional managers for implementing compliance, tools, and management systems at sites.
– Ensure implementation of induction programs for local employees and contractors/service companies in basic SCM awareness and GE local rules
– Coordinate SCM projects, planning, scheduling and security budgeting for all regional GO-P facilities.
– Identify SCM resource requirements, and ensure appropriate allocation of resources, activities, prioritizing based on assessed risk and compliance requirements.
– Ensure documentation and reporting of all necessary information and metrics for all SCM programs across all GRES managed facilities’ processes and occupants.
– Work with project teams to ensure that all construction projects and renovations are designed and implemented in accordance with SCM program and regulatory requirements.
– Develop and maintain professional relationships with SSA business leaders, SCM/EHS leaders, Centers of Excellence (COE), Corporate Environmental Programs, local law enforcement, government agencies and security vendors.
– Bachelor’s degree / Diploma or international equivalent with +5 years working experience management experience in corporate security demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and accountability within an international corporate environment.
– 5+ years of professional practical demonstrable experience in SCM management (preferably in both office and industrial sites across multi-sites/countries.)
– Knowledge and technical depth of security management concepts including physical security, information protection and crisis management/emergency preparedness.
– Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
– Experience with accident/incident investigation process. Proven ability to handle sensitive/confidential information; highly ethical and professional.
– Proven ability to self-manage, self-motivate and drive team performance – able to organize and focus teams and tasks remotely.
– Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills.
– Computer skills/literacy and experience working with digital online databases.
– Passport and drivers license.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
|Desired Characteristics:||– Graduate degree and 7+ years of relevant security & crisis management experience with an international corporation already operating within the region.
– Professional qualifications – certification in Physical Security Professional (PSP), safety, fire protection, customs, information security and/or first aid area are preferred;
– International certification such as Certified Protection Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner and/or Information Security Management Systems, an advantage
– Experience in designing and/or managing technical security systems
– Experience in managing third party delivery
– Expert Knowledge of Security regulations in SSA Regions
– Auditing qualification at a recognized institution (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001).
– Good organizational, project management and analytical skills.
– Culturally aware.
– Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging issues and recommending appropriate mitigation.
– Ability to self-manage/motivate and independently drive performance in a challenging environment.
– Needs to be confident and display enthusiasm and energy for Security. Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
– Demonstrated ability to deliver against measurable goals.
– Ability to organize and focus teams, tasks and requests and manage sites/teams remotely. Project management skills would be advantageous.
– Sense of humour
– Understanding of GE EHS Tools: Gensuite, Frameworks, Measurements Reporting
Job Segments:Security, Corporate Security, Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, TV, Management, Healthcare, Creative