Graduate And Experienced Recruitment At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services. On 26 September 2011, Etisalat launched its 3.75G HSPA+ network in Nigeria. The 3.75G HPSA+ network will enable Nigerians enjoy super fast broadband services for both personal and business needs.
Etisalat Nigeria has seen unprecedented growth in the Nigerian telecoms industry with 17 million subscribers and consistently demonstrates its core values of – teamwork, integrity, passion for excellence, empowering our people and growing our people to Nigerians as it offers them world-class telecommunications services.
Etisalat has received several awards and endorsements for its quality and innovative services. Barely six months of operations in Nigeria, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) pronounced Etisalat, Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices. In November 2012, Etisalat again received another award from the NCC for Excellent Customer Service. Other notable awards include – Brand of the Year award, Fastest Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator, Best Telecoms Customer Service and Most Innovative Mobile Operator among others.
Indeed, at Etisalat the future is a world in which technology extends people’s reach on all fronts.
Specialist, Legal Services
To assist in drafting, negotiating and interpreting formal contracts on behalf of Etisalat Nigeria, and ensure that all contracts entered into are consistent with requisite local and international laws, rules and regulations
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft and negotiate legal contracts including technical contracts, commercial contracts, finance contracts, consultancy contracts, engagement letters, letters of intent and other related documents
- Develop and update template contracts to suit the various contractual requirements of Etisalat Nigeria
- Provide legal advisory services and liaise with external counsel/consultants on various special projects for Etisalat Nigeria
- Research and proffer opinions to departments/divisions on legal enquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts
- Assist in ensuring that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with Etisalat Nigeria policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organisation’s best interest
- Participate in and provide legal assistance to tender committees at Etisalat Nigeria
- Assist in litigation by or against contractors or other counterparties arising out of contracts or similar documentation
- Develop and maintain a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation
- Liaise with relevant units/teams/functions in carrying out all relevant activities and attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager or Head, Commercial and Corporate Services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First degree in Law
- At least 5 (five) years work experience in a law firm or telecoms environment
- Legal Research
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
BTS site implementation and rollout activities
- Ensure End-to-End deployment of target BSS sites.
- Conduct Technical Site Survey of new and existing BSS sites in line with deployment processes.
- Conduct all step by step acceptance testing of BSS site activities
- Ensure all SHE requirement are adhered to by contractors/vendors
- Coordinate all assign BSS site construction activities from start up to commissioning/acceptance
- Supervise installation teams in conducting feeder and antenna line verification test (VSWR, DTF).
- Provide network sites with required/ appropriate specifications to the Network Operation Team.
- Deliver continuous progress report activities of all assigned network site rollout to the line manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- First degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Postgraduate (MSC) / professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years post NYSC relevant work experience in BBS Site Rollout.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Good Time management
- Strong reporting and communications skills