Vacancy at US Embassy in Nigeria
Job Title: Electrician
Job Location: Abuja – Facilities Maintenance
Basic Function of the Position:
- Completion of Primary school is required. Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman electrician skill is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year journeyman electrician experience is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Full Journeyman electrical knowledge of established practices and procedures is required.
- Must be able to use electrical testing instruments and tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
21st July, 2014
How To Apply
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.