Trade Marketing Manager at Airtel Nigeria
Trade Marketing Manager at Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Trade Marketing Manager
Support in the formulation of trade marketing strategy for Airtel Nigeria and ensuring effective delivery of agreed strategy through regional teams.
Trade visibility management & execution
- Use of trade insights to drive strategic visibility initiatives
- Develop picture of success (PICOS) standards for Regions and oversee implementation
- Build and sustain relationship with Local Council Authorities
- Ensure adequate budgetary provisions for all zones
- Ensure monthly reporting and market intelligence on key trade visibility initiatives of own brand and competition
- Minimise waste by ensuring optimal utilization of branding collaterals (merchandising items & SMGAs) in the zone
Timely sourcing of quality brand collateral
- Forecasting of collateral as per PICOS standards
- Sourcing of collateral as per monthly deployment targets
- Inspect and ensure quality of collateral materials
Ensure effective POS Management and creation of awareness for key campaigns and promotions in the trade
- Defining type of collateral to be used in trade
- NFA & P.Os (note for approval document and purchase order) for support collateral
- Ensure placement and monitoring of material through agencies or sales team
- Removal of materials on expired campaigns
- TM leveraging and Optimisation of all event and sponsorship platforms in the zones
Ensure creation of an efficient and effective sales force canvasser team
- Ensure appearance of sales canvassing team are standardized for consistency across the regions pan Nigeria
- Through regular monitoring manage/coordinate the 3PV/sales canvassing agencies to deliver an effective and efficient work force
- Ensure best practices through regular training of the sales canvassing workforce
Working with internal and external customers to drive end to end flawless implementation and campaign execution
- Many initiatives will always have an Operating Countrywide angle, It is imperative to ensure that all the departments/verticals and partners are fully aligned to support all initiatives and ensure that all initiatives are effectively implemented
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelors in Marketing or related discipline
- Post graduate in marketing would be an added advanta
- Masters in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience
- Minimum of 5 year experience in marketing strategy, activations and channel branding preferably from FMCG industry
- Excellent command of English language.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
- Technical Marketing skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Good organizational and planning capabilities
- Innovative and quick thinking capabilities
- Must be a good collaborator/Team player
Method of Application