Job Opportunities At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiatingcontracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
Assistance with permits, business development and understanding ofcontracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
The Naval architect is responsible for the delivery of the OLT hull and naval systems, in accordance with Contracts requirements, in particular technical requirements and schedule, ensuring all aspects of the EPCI works are accounted for in due time. This means:
• Following up the Naval Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities performed by OLT Contractor
• Follow up OLT contractor engineering regarding mooring design and naval architecture
• Direct the OLT contractor to effective resolution of all interface matter related to OLT naval architecture and mooring design (RAO).
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Contracts requirements and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Client’s General Specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
• Ensuring that for the Manufacturing and Fabrication of critical items, ITPs are reviewed in due time by the relevant parties and are given the right level of attention
• Assisting Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and leading the resolution of technical issues when necessary
• Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by contractor to other contractors
• Assisting in interface management with FPSO Contractors
• Answering Contractor technical queries as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
• Getting assistance from Client’s spe…ts, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
• Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary
• Issuing reports and presentations as necessary
• Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary
The OLT Naval architect will also assist the UFR package regarding mooring design and naval architecture subjects.
• To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies for the OLT Buoy will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
• To ensure that the OLT Buoy design will comply with all HSE requirements,
• To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behaviour to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
• To participate to local programmes or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
• To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
• Reports directly to the System Leader
• Accountable for the Naval architecture in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical/ HSE requirements, within schedule and without undue change to the scope
• Ensure achievement and good coordination of all engineering activities and studies related to execution of Buoy scope
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY with MSc or equivalent. Pending experience candidates with BSc may be also given consideration
• 7 years experience in naval architecture and mooring design for deepwater Projects (pending profile, candidates with less experience and previous exposure to OLT/FPSO EPCI projects will be also given due considerations). Relevant experience will include development of detail design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations for FPSO
• Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and Client’sgeneral specifications.
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead spe…ts or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fully conversant with Naval architecture software (calculation of RAO) and mooring design Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
• Geographical mobility is required
SUBSEA MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
The service holder will within the frame work of an integrated Project team during detailed engineering, construction, preparation and start-up into the Production phase:
Detailed Engineering & Construction Phase:
– Work with the Client’s Project FPSO, Packages Engineering team to ensure operational acceptability and maintainability of the design of the global Client’s Field subsea systems.
– To review Engineering deliverables to achieve the above objective
– To participate in Technical queries clearance with Engineering team
– Participate in the execution of Baseline checks and collection of relevant data.
– Shall have knowledge of Subsea Instrumentation systems, techniques and work methods.
– Be responsible for updating of the MIE subsea equipment Procedure drafting, drawing revisions, spare part identification and recommendation and testing.
– Maintaining subsea equipment Data base and ensuring the data upload in to company CMIMS.
– Responsible for the scope of subsea works generated by MIEcontractor, review all subsea related deliverables
– Reporting of all subsea instrument related data into the Integrity system
– To develop the necessary work tools and special tools list for maintenance operation
– Follow up fabrication of all Sub Sea equipment, and to attend FAT’s to ensure operability of all subsea equipment.
– To work with commissioning team to assist in the actual deployment, integration and testing of the subsea part of Client’s project.
– Follow-up on punch list activities and control of punch list items and close-out.
– To review ready for commissioning (RFC) dossiers on sub-system basis.
– Ensure technical co-ordination and assistance to IMR vessel department
– Participate in the definition of main operating principles for Subsea facilities.
– Provide assistance to other packages for their studies of/on the Subsea facilities.
– Participate in writing the technical annexes of Subsea facilities documents needed, either scope of work or report
– Contribute to guaranteeing the respect of deadlines in the studies he is involved in.
– Participates in transferring results from Flow Assurance studies along the Project at Detailed Engineering stage and guarantees the technical expertise of assigned studies
– Defines appropriate treatments to solve subsea production problems
– Ensures assistance for implementation of methods for optimizing installations, with a view to transportation schemes.
– Any other responsibilities/activities within the limits of the job holder’s capabilities.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in HAZIDS; HAZOPS; Project Technical Reviews, and HSE Audits as required, and ensure corrective actions are defined, implemented and monitored for Field Operations related action points.
Participate in the selection of HSE training for Field Operations personnel.
Report anomalies and incidents promptly
Participate in Project HSE Committee meetings.
To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
– Maintaining subsea equipment Data base and ensuring the data upload in to company CMIMS.
– Responsible for the scope of subsea works generated by MIE contractor, review all subsea related
Education: B. Eng (or equivalent) in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Petroleum) or equivalent ENSPM.
Professional experiences: in flow assurance studies, process studies and subsea engineering either in oil companies (headquarters, project or subsidiary) or in engineering, with ideally from 3 to 5 years subsea systems operations experience.
Good presentation , communication and team management skills
– Production, oil and gas processes, produced water treatment and disposal.
– Risk analysis, Safety of persons and facilities
– Maintenance methods, Metering, Inspection techniques.
– Projects / works, drilling, logistics and Simultaneous Operations.
Language: Fluent in English with French as an advantage
Click on Job Title below: