Latest Career Opportunity At Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd
The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 13 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 59 warehouses and distribution centers.
We employ about 4,800 people and indirectly support the jobs of up to more than a million more in our value chain.
We aim to be our customers’ most preferred supplier, and conduct programmes to support more than 450,000 customers who sell our products to consumers.
Our company is part of the Coca-Cola Hellenic Group , one of the largest bottlers of The Coca-Cola Company’s products in the world, and the biggest in Europe. Coca-Cola Hellenic operations span 28 countries , serving more than 570 million people. The company is headquartered in Athens and listed on the Athens, New York, and London stock exchanges.
We produce, sell and distribute a wide range of beverages, most of which are trademark products of The Coca-Cola Company. Our product portfolio consists of:
- leading brands Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola light, Fanta and Sprite
- local brands such as Schweppes, Five Alive, Limca and Eva
We continuously review opportunities to expand our product portfolio in order to offer consumers in Nigeria an increasing range of choices. Every measure is taken to ensure that our products are of the highest quality.
Region Public Affairs and Communications Manager (North)
Main Purpose of Job
The Job Holder will be based in Abuja and reports to the Head Public Affairs and Communications( Head Office)
Strengthening Company reputation through strategic interactions with stakeholders in local communities, government at all levels, civil society and industry, influencing a conducive fiscal framework and operating environment while supporting acceptability in the marketplace. Other Key responsibilities include:
· Strong social capital targeted at maintaining a network of government agencies of influence and impact on business operations.
· Monitor the fiscal and regulatory landscape for opportunities and threats to business sustainability, prescribe and implement specific agenda/campaigns to influence key stakeholders.
· Contribute to topical industry conversation, legislative framework and roundtables to position the organization as a thought leader of influence on policy direction
· Proactively evaluate threats and engage with community heads and KOLs on issues of common interest to project the Company as a trusted and valued member in operating communities
· In conjunction with plant teams, actively engage communities within the region to identify needs and initiate programs to address, in relation to Company strategy and Business Plan.
· Identify credible partners and civil society groups with expertise on common CSR programs and coordinate timely execution of sustainable programs in conjunction with the plant teams.
· Conduct social impact evaluation of community programs and a measure of company reputation in the marketplace
· Creatively support employee engagement through participation in community projects as part of employee volunteering initiatives.
· Initiate and lead partnerships with the Golden Triangle – government, industry and civil society groups, securing strategic recognitions for the business.
· Manage communication platforms in the region and coordinate all media related activities in collaboration with the Communications Manager and in alignment with the reputation agenda
University degree, preferably in International Relations, Social Sciences or Law
Experience needed 5
Desired candidate profile
•University degree, preferably in International Relations, Social Sciences or Law
•Post-University degree in Communication/Social Sciences will be an added advantage Experience •Preferably Government Relations
•Projects that require cooperation with or involvement of authorities.
•Communication/cooperation with local, national and international authorities and other Key Opinion Leaders.
•Social dialogue, reputation management
•Minimum of 5 years work experience in related areas. Key Competencies &Skills
•Innovation & Creativity
•Analysis and information gathering skills
•Microsoft Office proficiency
Job location Head Office
Publish date 2014-07-18
Closing date 2014-07-31