Airtel Nigeria Is Recruiting
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Airtel Nigeria Is Recruiting
Senior Manager – Facilities & Real Estate
Plan and direct the design, deployment and implementation of processes for effective facility management support to all existing and upcoming facilities of Airtel Nigeria, keeping in consideration the organizational objectives and the projections for business expansion and growth.
Business Planning for Facilities Management Vertical & Input for the Supply Chain Function Function
- Participate in the annual budgeting exercise for Facility Management (Capital Expenditure, Operational Expenditure)
- Provide inputs on Cost Projections and Strategies for Optimisation
- Support the inputs through information on benchmark Cost & Price Performance
- Submit the Facility Management Annual Operating Plan (AOP) to functional director for approval.
- Adhere to the AOPGuidelines set by the functional director and business leadership.
- Receive input from the facilities management (FM) Team, the business Facilities Team and business and analyze the same to identify relevant strategy and road map for the FM Team at Group Level.
Review of Business Plan & Operations
- Facilitate and guide design and deployment of relevant measures for reviewing performance across the major areas of delivery.
- Facility Management
- Space Planning
- Identify & implement initiatives towards optimising the Capex & Opex approved for the respective areas of responsibility
- Monitor expenses vis-à-vis approved budgets (Capex, Opex) and direct corrective action towards ensuring cost optimisation.
- Review of vendor performance across the above mentioned areas and direct corrective actions.
Identification & Deployment of Appropriate Vendors
- Recommends and approves guidelines for assessment of vendors for Support & Maintenance of Facilities – the same would encompass building, health and security agencies, event management, travel related services and electromechanical.
- Facilitate design and implementation of cost & delivery expectations for the vendors with due consideration to the approved functional AOP.
Compliances & Adherence to Norms for Safety, Security & Employee Health
- Recommends guidelines for deployment of best in class Fire Protection & Security Systems.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety norms / benchmarks.
- Directs team members to facilitate implementation and adherence
- Advises business on health and safety norms
Deployment of Relevant Process and Policies , Establish Benchmarks
- Leads the design of relevant policies on usage and maintenance of services administered through facility management for use by the facility management team across business.
- Ensure alignment of policies and process with other functional process (eg. Finance, HR), through periodic monitoring of deployment status and review of performance of the concerned SME & operations verticals.
- Facilitate and guide the conduct of relevant benchmarking exercises towards identifying ways of delivering better services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and facilitate implementation of key projects towards creating a scalable and future oriented facility management setup across the group.
Liaison with State Level Authorities & Other Stakeholders
- Establish norms towards ensuring standardized conduct for all liaison with relevant stake holders (Government, Civic Bodies, Police etc.) – towards ensuring smooth working of group wide facilities, and creating a provision for trouble shooting any issues related to civic bodies.
- Establish performance parameters for the team in form of KRAs and periodically provide feedback to ensure enhanced performance.
- Identify development needs of team members and ensure that these are fulfilled in a planned manner.
- Create provisions for knowledge and best practice sharing within the team at the head office and the within the FM Team.
- Identify and deploy programs for improving engagement level of team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- Qualification in Business Administration, Engineering
- Masters would be preferred additional qualification
- Relevant 7 years of varied experience in Telecoms industry
- Minimum of 3 years in a management position
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in Procurement & Real Estate
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels will play an important role
- Ability to manage large scale with a very wide geographical scope across Nigeria
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solution