Reporting Leader – Global Operations-Finance At GE Global Growth Organization
GE is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’re committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Management, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and Home & Business Solutions have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs such as the Early Career Development Program in Nigeria.
Posted Position Title:
Reporting Leader – Global Operations-Finance, SSA
As the Reporting Leader for Global Operations Finance in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), you will be responsible for monitoring and managing accuracy of accounting entries in all the GOF ledgers across the 25 countries in the region. Ensuring that entries are timely, and compliant. Will provide support to more junior team members by clarifying accounting requirements, mitigating risks, and supporting customers on system changes.
- Review journal Entries and work of more junior accountants for accuracy with GAAP
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial results by recognizing and preventing misrepresentation, concealment, or omission of information
- Perform monthly balance sheet analyses and cash forecasts
- Assess processes and evaluate/ensure compliance and controls associated with account reconciliations
- Develop and maintain relationships with GE Controllers and other stakeholders in order to implement process improvements
- Interface with auditors regarding account reconciliations and control processes
- Identify new accounting standards applicable to the business and develop appropriate implementation strategy
- Special projects as needed to enhance business compliance and controllership
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 years audit/accounting experience in a consulting firm with exposure to the heavy manufacturing or FMCG industry or, direct accounting
experience within an FMCG or heavy manufacturing organization.
- Must be a chartered accountant.
- Must be self-starter, and a leader able to supervise deliverables from subordinates.
- Nigerian GAAP (IFRS) expert
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- American GAAP is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills
- Experience in solving complex problems
- Experience with driving process improvements
- Ability to deal effectively with changing priorities in a diverse organization
- Self-starter/team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)