Management Accounting Manager Vacancy At Phillips Consulting Limited
We focus on creating and managing change in organisations by helping them formulate and implement customer focused strategies, align their management systems to support service delivery, and develop the competence and capabilities of their people to deliver on their promises.
Phillips Consulting Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian firm with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Johannesburg. Established in 1992, we offer an array of business and management consulting services to government and corporate organisations.
Our focus is on creating and managing change in organisations by formulating and implementing customer focused strategies. This assists in aligning their management systems to support service delivery and developing the competence and capabilities of their people to deliver on their promises.
We draw our competitive strength from collaborations with global partnership firms in Europe, North America and Africa. Our delivery skills reflect our highly competitive recruitment of bright, vibrant and experienced consultants whose competence we continuously enhance through intensive training in the use of our proprietary management tools and techniques.
Clients benefit from our consultants’ varied skills through our cross-functional approach to assignment execution. We also ensure we empower clients with the knowledge and skills to continuously improve, long after we are gone.
We believe in Africa and its future and dedicate ourselves to achieving the African dream by actively seeking out alliances, partnerships and friendships throughout the continent.
We are a proud African consulting firm.
Management Accounting Manager
Performance Management System
- Develop and maintain the system of KPIs to be used to monitor performance from the corporate level down to the individual employee level
- Develop the system for collecting, collating and analyzing data to be used to report on performance
- Prepare the Corporate Annual Budget before the start of each year
- Monitor, analyze and report expenditure variances against budget that are above 10%
- Prepare a 12-months rolling cash flow projection showing the net monthly cash position and inform treasury of any perceived shortfalls or surpluses
Financial and Management Reporting
- Analyze information for business decisions and advise management on the financial implication and status of their operations and/or projects
- Prepare the Annual financial statements in line with IFRS; liaise with external auditors and ensure that the company returns a clean audit report
- ensure that all reporting obligations to external parties such as the regulator are met
- Develop, implement and maintain a Financial Procedures and Accounting Manual
- Coordinate the company’s periodic stock taking, asset verification and valuation exercises
- Ensure staff in the unit have the resources necessary to carry out their duties
- Prepare annual budget and effectively manage cost
- Supervise and manage staff to ensure smooth and effective operations
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or any other Finance related fields
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with audit or investigation experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a management position
- ICAN certified
- Member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CMA)