International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) Recruiting For IT Administrator
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by: Providing technical assistance to election officials, Empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process, Applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle.
Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
IFES seeks qualified applicants to fill the following vacancy in its Abuja Office.
Job Title: IT Administrator
Responsibilities will include:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming helpdesk ticket, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid staff in performing work.
- Train other staff on software and hardware.
- Perform administrative functions on Windows servers in conjunction with the Senior Network Engineer. This will include server upgrades and solving issues related to AD, SMS, Print Services, and other applications that use Windows Server.
- Work with HQ to deploy new technologies and assist in training of local personnel.
- Interview users to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to IT-HQ.
- Create and maintain documentation of support activities and providing status updates to customers; Provide effective incident and problem resolution using automated systems and processes.
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
Qualifications and Experience:
B.Sc/BEng Computer Science/Engineering or IT related field
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should forward their type written application, current resume, copies of certificates and three references no later than two weeks from the date of this publication by email to: [email protected]
Only applications sent by email will be considered and short listed candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline: 11th August, 2014