Field Systems Engineer At Cobranet Limited
Cobranet Limited was incorporated in 2003 and began its operations to provide the Nigerian Market with a reliable Internet Service and meet the requirements of the market, positioning itself as a leader in providing Internet Solutions and as a provider of choice.
Cobranet Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Field Systems Engineer
- The main purpose of the job is to provide professional and quick resolution to technical issues that affect user experience.
- These issues might include slow speed complaint, bandwidth abuse by users on clients LAN, virus infection and security threats.
- The engineer is to ensure that proper recommendations are made for bandwidth management tools, recommend UTM devices that can help optimize service and improve user experience at client end.
- In addition, the role also includes network implementation for clients using different high end routers and switches.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, or related discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional certifications CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, Security, and ITIL will be of advantage
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in a similar position.
- Installation / Configuration/troubleshooting experience in networking equipments like Firewall / Router / Switches.
- Hands-on experience working on UTM products such as Cyberoam, Gateprotect etc.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, and Internet standards
- Basic understanding of VPN, DNS / Email / Web protocols.
- Extensive application support experience
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of Lagos routes and environs with valid drivers license.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to engage in consultative discussions with clients, establishing needs, opportunities and solutions.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Posses a valid driver’s license and ability to navigate around Lagos.
- Report daily at one of the company’s outstations and proceed to assigned jobs
- Mondays to Friday, 8am to 5pm daily
- Task might require putting in extra hours, which attract extra pay
How To Apply
Please do not bother applying if you are not qualified.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: