Assistant Vice President Maintenance at Arik Air Nigeria
Arik Air is West and Central Africa’s largest airline operating a domestic, regional and international flight network.
Arik Air is West-Africa’s leading airline operating a domestic, regional and international flight network. We operate mainly from two hubs at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. Arik Air’s head office is the Arik Air Aviation Center on the grounds of Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos State.
Arik Air is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Assistant Vice President Maintenance
- If you are hands on, driven to deliver and team orientated, then Arik Air may be right for you. At Arik Air, we are people-oriented and work with the best. Our management team comprises industry experts with years of experience and excellence in the aviation sector and with a reputation for service delivery and efficiency.
- We are also committed to conducting our operations over and above the industry’s strict legal and safety requirements. Our uncompromising approach to safety helps us to ensure that a hazard-free environment prevails throughout our areas of operation.
Principle Accounatbilities and Responsibilities
- As Nigeria and West Africa’s leading carrier ,we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available, including an AVP Maintenance to join our buzzing Engineering team.
- Manage third party maintenance providers, both line maintenance and base maintenance.
- Manage and develop line maintenance capabilities in house – in Lagos and other Nigerian outstations.
- Manage and develop workshop capabilities to include Wheel bay, brake bay, battery shop and upholstery section.
- Develop local based staff in Nigeria to carry out line maintenance tasks including training and development to EASSA, FAA and NCAA requirements.
- Drive improvements in delivery of maintenance in both short and long haul fleets.
- Ensure compliance at all times with Regulatory requirements as effects Arik fleets.
- Provide reporting status of the Technical elements of Arik Air Fleet.
- Key interface within ARIK Engineering with its suppliers.
- Train and mentor local Engineering on all systems and processes.
- Ensure Performance Plans and Reviews, including training and development requirements are completed for direct reports.
- Prepare and develop annual budget to maintain department.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and within their competence as required from time to time.
- Interface with Operations, Engineering and Planning, supply chain.
- Liaise with Service Providers, Suppliers and Flight Operations.
- NCAA and other regulatory bodies.
Required skills & qualifications
- Licensed Engineer with approvals preferably held on Arik Air types
- Extensive experience in Line and Base Maintenance
- Effective communication and team building skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good understanding of cultural issues and the requirement for professional development
- Personal Qualities e.g, ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision, flexible, creative.
Application Closing Date
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should: