Job Vacancies At Phillips Consulting Limited
We focus on creating and managing change in organisations by helping them formulate and implement customer focused strategies, align their management systems to support service delivery, and develop the competence and capabilities of their people to deliver on their promises.
Phillips Consulting Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian firm with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Johannesburg. Established in 1992, we offer an array of business and management consulting services to government and corporate organisations.
Our focus is on creating and managing change in organisations by formulating and implementing customer focused strategies. This assists in aligning their management systems to support service delivery and developing the competence and capabilities of their people to deliver on their promises.
We draw our competitive strength from collaborations with global partnership firms in Europe, North America and Africa. Our delivery skills reflect our highly competitive recruitment of bright, vibrant and experienced consultants whose competence we continuously enhance through intensive training in the use of our proprietary management tools and techniques.
Clients benefit from our consultants’ varied skills through our cross-functional approach to assignment execution. We also ensure we empower clients with the knowledge and skills to continuously improve, long after we are gone.
We believe in Africa and its future and dedicate ourselves to achieving the African dream by actively seeking out alliances, partnerships and friendships throughout the continent.
We are a proud African consulting firm.
- Provide confidential secretarial support to all the partners and the COO including typing, formatting, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Take calls and messages and assist with all other forms of communication between, to and from senior management;
- Prioritise messages and appointments and ensure that urgent matters are dealt with promptly;
- Arrange any partners’ and management meetings, ensuring that all equipment required is available, technical support on hand and appropriate refreshments organized;
- In consultation with the partners and the COO ensure that all papers, documents, reports and presentations are prepared in time, and circulated prior to meetings where necessary or available at the meeting as required. This will include following up with other departments to obtain information for submission to the senior management;
- Produce all records of meetings and any action required; be responsible for circulating these to relevant people, keep a record of the distribution list and update with action progress;
- Maintain a recording system for all correspondence, documentation and presentations of all material produced, and ensure that all material is filed promptly and accurately;
- Under the direction of the COO or the partners, assist with following up projects and action agreed at meetings or other authorized activities
- Keep confidential all materials and matters which are handled within the Executive Assistant responsibility;
- Undertake administrative and clerical tasks as required including copying, scanning, preparation documentation, drafting basic correspondence, dictation, maintaining some basic financial records;
- Be available to undertake other confidential and support activities as are needed for the efficient functioning of senior management.
The successful candidate should:
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience;
- Be technically proficient with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Have touch typing skills with a typing speed in excess of 50wpm;
- Have an organized and efficient working style;
- Possess good grammatical and administrative skills;
- Be able to communicate with different levels of personnel within a professional environment;
Human Resource (HR) Executive
This role offers a unique opportunity for an experienced H.R. candidate to set up a new HR function in this thriving professional environment.
- Screen applications and CVs for Internship, NYSC, Full time employment and any other roles to be filled;
- Assist with resource planning as required;
- Maintain a database of all applications;
- Shortlist qualified candidates
- Manage the engagement process
- Maintain a calendar for interns and work placement schemes and new recruits;
- Prepare tests and vetting protocols for each recruitment level;
- Schedule (and conduct, where appropriate) interviews and tests for shortlisted candidates
- Conduct induction training (either individual or in a group depending on start dates) and introduce new recruits to the firm and to appropriate individuals.
- Organise post event activities;
- Draft correspondence related to, for example, pre-employment and employment reference and KYC letters.
- Maintain appropriate H.R. records;
- Ensure compliance with employment regulatory requirements;
- Maintain all aspects of leave management including the approval procedure, absence monitoring, absence calendar, resource backfill where required, absence records;
- Draw supervisors’ attention to conflicts or disciplinary issues, or other aspects related to H.R. management about which they need to be aware;
- Operate the firm’s appraisal and performance/career management processes ensuring 100% compliance;
- Be responsible for ensuring action (such as training requirements, discipline, guidance) as identified in the appraisal process is taken promptly;
- Maintain an exit interview process and provide feedback to management where appropriate;
- Ensure all intake and exit formalities are complied with;
- In conjunction with Management put forward recommendations for H.R. policies;
- Once approved, ensure compliance with all H.R. policies. Where necessary, set up the appropriate procedures to maintain and monitor compliance;
Internship and Training Schemes:
- Manage all internship and training programmes (and any similar programmes as directed by the COO/MP);
- Keep all affected people (usually HODs, or equivalent, and the interns/trainees) informed of tenure, work schedules and background (CVs);
- Ensure compliance with all security and other protocols;
- Organise training and guidance sessions;
- Track progress of all interns and trainees as they move between departments;
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a degree in Humanities or related discipline
- A postgraduate or professional H.R. qualification will be an added advantage;
- Have at least 5-6 years’ H.R. experience, preferably within a professional services environment;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be able to write English proficiently to a high grammatical standard;
- Be able to work within a complex service environment;
- Possess the attributes necessary to set up a full service H.R. function to global best practice standards;
- Be confident, well presented and self-motivated.
CLIENT SERVICES EXECUTIVE
- Ensure that the Front Desk/Reception area is always clear, clean, neat and tidy;
- Ensure the Front Desk is manned at all times throughout the designated open hours;
- Handle all incoming calls, take messages and ensure they reach their appropriate destination;
- Receive clients and visitors politely and promptly and ensure that they are attended to by the concerned officer or department;
- Inform relevant people of arrivals, and guide to meeting rooms or elsewhere as required;
- Handle all meeting room bookings and ensure that appropriate people are informed about location, meeting room requirements (such as equipment, refreshments. lunch) and monitor meeting progress;
- Provide any assistance needed throughout the duration of meetings;
- Liaise with delegates and delegates assistants regarding any materials or support needed for the meeting;
- Maintain a record of visitors and messages;
- Open all post and arrange for distribution. Identify urgent messages and convey promptly to the most appropriate person to ensure swift action is taken;
- Any other client and office services as required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a degree in humanities or business administration or any related discipline
- Have minimum of 2 years experience in similar role
- Be professionally presented;
- Have experience of greeting clients, handling phone calls etc;
- Be well organized and efficient;
- Be able to prioritise;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Be efficient and responsive;
Ensure that the Front Desk/Reception area is always clear, clean, neat and tidy;
Ensure the Front Desk is manned at all times throughout the designated open hours;
Handle all incoming calls, take messages and ensure they reach their appropriate destination;
Receive clients and visitors politely and promptly and ensure that they are attended to by the concerned officer or department;
Inform relevant people of arrivals, and guide to meeting rooms or elsewhere as required;
Handle all meeting room bookings and ensure that appropriate people are informed about location, meeting room requirements (such as equipment, refreshments. lunch) and monitor meeting progress;
Provide any assistance needed throughout the duration of meetings;
Liaise with delegates and delegates assistants regarding any materials or support needed for the meeting;
Maintain a record of visitors and messages;
Open all post and arrange for distribution. Identify urgent messages and convey promptly to the most appropriate person to ensure swift action is taken;
Any other client and office services as required.