Senior Strategy Manager Needed At A Financial Institution
Our Client, a non-bank financial institution in Nigeria seek to hire the services of an experienced strategy professional to provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of best practice strategic initiatives across multiple business functions to support the delivery of the commercial and regulatory obligations of the organization to its employees, customers and stakeholders.
The Manager, Research, strategy and Development will lead a team to research, develop and implement strategies in line with the company’s vision and goals.
The Senior Manager will focus on:
- Growth Strategies: Market opportunity analysis, identification of future trends, new market entry strategies.
- Business Development: Competitive analysis.
- Strategic Planning: Annual business planning, business case development, go-to-market strategies.
- Carry out research and analysis independently in support of business units, including company strategies, strategic planning process, and key operational issues.
- Consistently provide insights on business implications of the research and analysis.
- Draw up implantation strategies towards achieving set target
- Actively engage in research of growing trends in the financial industry and suggest ways of introducing positive strategy
- Work independently, sometimes receiving general instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments with a focus on tasks and self-contained work streams.
- Contribute to and lead creation of deliverables, including reports, newsletters, spreadsheets, presentations and other outputs to document and communicate findings.
- Independently interact and collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Provide direction for competitor analysis to ensure that analysis is aligned to corporate strategy and outputs are insightful.
- Assess trends; incorporate financial rigor and competitive, consumer and market research. Work with senior leaders and their teams across the enterprise to develop a robust process.
- Identify and evaluate long-term strategic investments, opportunities, businesses and alliances.
Experience & Education:
- A Minimum of MSc in business related field or MBA
- Minimum 10 years of working experience with 6years in a Strategic role
- Interested candidate must be an associate member of any of the accounting professional body (ICAN, ACCA, CIBN etc.)
- Interested candidate must have experience in research and strategy in a consulting firm or financial sector.
Skills & Competencies:
Business strategy analysis & planning.
- Business and competitive research skills.
- Creative and innovative
- Assertiveness and ability to take initiative
- Enthusiastic, action-oriented, strong sense of accountability.
- Strong strategic mindset with proven analytical and quantitative modeling skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
Applicants who do not qualify with the above criteria need not apply as only successful candidates will be contacted.