Graduate Communications Assistant At International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks sustainable solutions for ending hunger and poverty. Founded in 1975, IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global research partnership for a food secure future.
IFPRI is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Code: FO14-017
Position Type: Non-Renewable
- Within the framework of the Nigerian Strategy Support Program (NSSP), the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Communications Assistant to assist the Country Program Coordinator in external outreach activities. This is a five month, full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Communications Assistant will be responsible in assisting with media relations and coverage, social media, seminars, and other events.
- The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the NSSP Program Leader, but will be employed directly under IFPRI’s organizational host in Nigeria, the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC).
- The employer of record will be IFDC and employment policies, compensation and benefits of IFDC will apply to this position. Interested applicants must have authorization to work in Nigeria.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct web searches of news outlets and record and document media coverage of IFPRI, NSSP, and related stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Use social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and SlideShare to disseminate information about our program and on going events.
- Write blog posts on NSSP news and events.
- Assist in the communication and execution of monthly seminars.
- Assist in the distribution of research to key organizations.
- Update, maintain, and manage the NSSP databases and contact lists.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, International Development, Communications, or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, social media, and search engines.
- Fluency in a major Nigerian language.