QHSE Manager Needed At RusselSmith – Oil&Gas
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
• Oversee the adoption of the Manuals used in the various departments and structures including documentation and maintain QHSE standards in accordance to the manual.
• Monitor the implementation of the QHSE Manual in liaison with other departments and executive management.
• Obtain the ISO certificates for the company.
• Develop and ensure full compliance to the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management Philosophy, Objectives and Policy within the company.
• Assist the planning in cost management pertaining to all QHSE matters.
• Responsible for the development, review, and implementation of the Quality Management System policies, procedures, plans, and work instructions and will oversee that the company Quality Management System supports the company goals and objectives.
• Responsible for assessing the compliance of QMS documentation with the ISO9001:2008 International Standard, statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements as well as have responsibility for the scheduling, planning, execution, and documentation of internal audits to ensure QMS and regulatory compliance.
• Ability to develop, establish and maintain quality programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls to ensure that performance and quality of services conform to establish company, international (ISO), and governmental regulatory standards and agency guidelines.
• Lead, train, manage, and plan the quality assurance activities performed by the department.
• Develop programs to ensure employees are abreast of changes within the company
• Audit technical and managerial processes to ensure compliance
• Records and racks non-compliance issues to closure
• Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
• Establish, implement, and manage an effective Quality Management Control System (QMCS) in compliance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Responsible for plans, procedures, and organization necessary to produce an end product that is consistent with the Contract.
• Review all procurement documents and subcontracts to ensure the technical information provided and all work performed is in accordance with the latest revisions.
• Responsible for managing and performing the Three Phase Quality Control Plan for each feature of work performed: Preparatory Inspection, Initial Phase, and Follow-up Phase.
• Perform, monitor, coordinate and supervise specified or required tests by personnel and subcontractors and provide QC certifications and documentation.
• Supervise the inspection and checking of all materials and equipment for specification compliance.
• Maintain all necessary reports, files, and documentation to ensure quality control activities and tests have been performed.
• Cooperate with all staff members and inform them of non- compliance work and take any action necessary to ensure contract compliance and completion of all outstanding items.
• Field verify and document activity hazard analysis, exposure reports, daily reports, three phase control reports, test reports, equipment checks and inspections, activity schedule, warranty requirements and definable features of the work.
• Conducts HSE risk assessment and risk mitigation measures on-site and before commencement of projects.
• Undertakes corrective and preventive measures to ensure a proper environment and health for the organization and its staff.
• Comes up with proposals for corrective or preventive measures, and investigates, analyzes and reviews accidents or near misses within the organization.
• To ensure regular emergency response is effective and that managers and employees are prepared at all times, designs and conducts drills, both announced and unannounced.
• Coordinates HSE team and ensures that work safety permits are enforced.
• Make sure that all employees are properly informed about the working, environmental and safety policies of the organization.
• Reviews prepared daily, weekly and monthly reports and makes presentations regularly to executive management.
• Serve as company representative between Regulatory Agencies and external auditing parties.
• Responsible for quality control leadership, education, and communication with each entity.
• Understand the types of issues requiring senior management involvement and works to involve the company expertise in a timely and efficient manner.
• Effectively manages problem prevention strategies to limit reactionary practices.
• Ensures quality control goals and expectations are realistic, achievable, and revisited/revised at appropriate times.
• Clearly defines goals, understands audiences, manages productive meetings, manages and builds team morale.
• Performs any other assigned duties or functions.
• Professional certification in Lead Auditor’s course ISO 9001:2008; OSHAS 18001 / ISO 14001:2004.
• Masters degree/qualification will be an added advantage.
• 5 – 10 years related experience is an added advantage
• Vast knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and OSHAS 18001 / ISO 14001:2004 standards.
• Experience in risk assessments, QMS, HSE Audits/Meetings/Inspections, HSE Training, HSE Performance Reporting, First-Aid, and Accident Investigation.
• Familiarity with Quality Assurance and Quality Control Guidelines under ISO9001:2008.
• Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated Quality Control Plan Management experience and is able to follow quality control processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements and of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for various hazards.
• Excellent organizational skills and able to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and third parties.
• Able to liaise effectively with representatives of relevant authorities, consultants, and subcontractors on quality and safety matters.
• Excellent written and strong oral communicator.
• Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Data Analysis skills using Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors team and company work to ensure quality.
• Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Good university degree/HND in science discipline is desirable.
Physical demands of the job
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator