Customer Project Manager Needed At Ericsson
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable BUSINESS solutions.
We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life. We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having ACCESS TO INFORMATION, but what benefit you get out of it.
It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, MORE informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our JOB to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
Customer Project Manager
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to MARKET-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your CAREER goals.
The Customer Project Manager Job Role purpose is to manage assigned customer projects to secure that project goals are met, customer’s expectations are fulfilled & that the customer relation is handled in the best possible way within the scope of the contract.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ability to guide and MENTOR others within the project team.
- Has highly developed influencing skills. Stakeholder management & negotiation. Both with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively investigates and solves complex problems that require substantial analysis by developing plans & work break down structures that align with existing procedures, techniques and methods. Within a team environment.
- Continual focus for driving effectiveness and efficiency. Service delivery & cost.
- Has highly developed interpersonal communication and engagement skills.
- Demonstrates THOUGHT LEADERSHIP by way of strategic thinking.
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written). Develop and present a message with impact.
- Proactive – sets ambitious goals and drives hard to achieve them.
- Must be able to develop metrics which clearly outline progress to Contractual deliverables which includes Financials.
- Needs to be self-disciplined and ambitious.
- Has ability to work and engage across other functional groups to achieve project contractual outcomes.
- Project Communications Management
- Project Finance Management
- Project Integration Management
- Influencing Skills
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- PMP certification (or equivalent).
- Degree qualified (preferably Engineering).
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Project Manager with at least 3 years in a customer facing role.
- Demonstrated experience in the end to end delivery of complex projects.
- Experience within a vendor environment.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
- Relevant Domain experience (e.g.: OSS, BSS)
- Focus on IT&T or System Integration Project Managers rather than Telecommunications.
- Experience in Partner and subcontractor management
- Focus on Project Management rather than Telco experience
Primary country and city: Nigeria (NG) || Other/Not Applicable || Lagos-V/Isl || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log