Construction Project Manager Via Fosad Consulting
Construction Project Manager
Our client, a non-banking financial service institution is hiring highly intelligent, young and dynamic professionals with integrity for the position of a Project Manager who will execute very challenging projects in a timely manner and under project budget.
Job Objectives: To ensure projects are delivered within budget and scheduled commitments whilst delivering quality solutions for Cornerstone Insurance plc.
Internal: All employees
External: Consultants, Service Providers, Contractors, Architects, Site Engineers
- Delivers on project within time and budget using prescribed project control mechanisms.
- Provides the leadership and energy necessary to motivate staff and achieve project goals.
- Establishes project scope and schedules between management, project committee, technical teams (process owners) and project team members.
- Communicates effectively with management, project committee and technical teams (process owners).
- Leads regularly scheduled project huddles and meetings, including kick off and close-out.
- Leads the development of reports, analyses and project presentations.
- Ensures the quality of project deliverables.
- Supervises project team members.
- Ensures project delivery processes and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates project resources to meet Cornerstone’s needs.
- Ensures that defined project schedule and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Delivers project deliverables in compliance with Cornerstone’s quality control procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares Programme and project schedules in up to date Project software/application.
- Coach new project managers and junior staff.
- Maintain an audit trail of project activities.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work start.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Overseeing the running of several projects.
- Using effective and credible means in construction to plan smooth work flows.
Education / Qualification
- B.SC in any field or B. Eng Engineering
- 6 – 7 years Project Management (in Building and/or Construction) experience.
- Some experience in Business Management.
- Insurance industry experiences an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills
- Understanding the customer
- Communication skills
- Management of Information
- IT skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation skills
- Relationship Management
- Project Management skills
Applicants who do not qualify with the above criteria need not apply as only successful candidates will be contacted.