Job Vacancy At John Holt Limited
What is today a giant business group was in fact the pioneering effort of one man. The story began in 1862 when John Holt, just under 21 years old, with £27 in his pocket, sailed from Liverpool to take up appointment as a shop assistant in a grocery store in Fernando Po (now Equitorial Guinea). Five years later, he bought out his employer and subsequently built up a produce trade with the Delta Ports. Palm Oil, Palm Kernels, Rubber and Cocoa were exported to England. Imports included textiles from Lancashire and bicycles from Birmingham. In 1897, John Holt established his first VENTURE in Lagos.
John Holt & Company (Liverpool) Limited was incorporated in 1897. In 1961 the company was incorporated in Nigeria as John Holt Limited. It became a public company and was quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in May, 1974.
John Holt Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Deputy Project Engineer (HVAC)
- This is a senior managerial position with direct responsibilities for maintenance repair and service jobs relating to HVAC equipment and tools.
- The incumbent will be resident in Bonny Island, Rivers State and will report directly to the Project Engineer.
- The current appointment is for a minimum of one (1) year but renewable based on performance and contract extention.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in HVAC or Mechanical or Electrica1 and Electronics Engineering is required. Relevant professional qualification and membership of professional bodies such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, ATEX, COREN or any other qualifications or memberships cognate to HVAC engineering is also required.
- 10 years post graduation experience in HVAC maintenance engineering with a clear track record in commissioning and maintenance of Central and domestic HVAC systems in a Petrochemical plant or similar plants
- Experience in operation and maintenance in Oil and Gas Industry with proven experience in design and faultfinding on HVAC systems
- Experience of equipment maintenance practices and procedures used in a modern Heating, Ventilation, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning maintenance works
- A good working knowledge of industry best practices for Health, Safety and Environmental management and permit to work systems
- A good working knowledge of maintenance documentation systems
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office suite and HVAC software
- Be a good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in multi discipline organization and teams
- Be not more than 45 years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and applications to: