Operations Leader Needed At GE Oil & Gas
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas .
The role of the Operations Leader is to ensure that the daily aftermarket repairs and service operations are fully met and delivered to our customers on time and to GE standards ensuring that safety standards compliance and culture are not compromised at the Onne facility located at the FOT Free Trade Zone.
He / She has to demonstate a strong clear leadership capability and take ownership of his / her decisions and actions which they shall implement.
This position requires a highly motivated
• The Operations Leader shall demonstrate clear leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the workshop and business segment. In this role he shall utilize his experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for himself and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals, such as increasing shop efficiencies and mentorship to his junior team
• Maintains care, custody, controllership, and safe operation of the ongoing operations and staff aligned to his position
• Establishes and sustains a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
• Ensures that environmental, health and safety compliance standards are met and delivered
• Develops and implements procedures and systems for increasing the facility and personnel’s performance to operate in a safe and effective manner
• Maintans a strong customer relationship with the onsite customer reps
• Reports out shop metrics and compiles high level presetations covering the workshop performance
• Forecasts annual work look aheads, and meets the quarterly targets
• Hires, train, supervises and evaluates an effective workforce and delegates / monitors work activities for safe and efficient facility operation
• Hires, evaluates, and monitors work activities of contractors / subcontractors for maintenance and repair activities for facility equipment
• Identifies and encourages his direct reports to find Bullet Train initiaves aimed at making significant savings and cost reductions
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
• Experience gained in a workshop environment and sound product knowledge on drilling and production equipment
• History of instructing direct reports and a significant headcount
• Aiming to maximize potential, increasing efficiency and cost reduction, while still maintaining an on time delivery and quality output
• Strong management and leadership skills
• Understanding that he requires to take ownership and will be held accountable for his and his direct reports actions
• Requires to have excellent verbal and communication skills dealing with customers, his direct reports and their direct reports
• Imagination, Clear Thinker, Inclusiveness, Proficiency/ Expertize covering our various products ,
• A clear driver setting realistic targets, Goals and objectives for his direct reports
• Customer focused, always aiming to deliver customer satisfaction
• A strong ability to access and use the companies IT software/ applications such as Outlook, PIMS, and Microsoft
• Conduct and chair the weekly operational meetings driving rhythm
• Ensure his team members have been given and completed the GE regulatory band on-line / Growth Values training
• Complete the EMS Annual staff appraisals in a fair and non- compromising manner
• Observe the local and national culture ensuring that no personnel offences are committed
• Liaise and work with each department head, ensuring we complete the customers work to the GE quality standards
• Mentor and train the National/ Local workshop supervisor and shop personnel, supply detailed reports showing that they have achieved the correct competence level and appropriate skillsets
• Working closely with Facilities manager covering the building PM, Generators Servicing / Repairs, Overhead crane, Compressors, water well, air conditioners, pest control, etc)
• Review the appropriate Risk assessments per daily operational work plan, identify if special work plans are required for Non –Standard Equipment
• Liaise with PHC and Lagos management of the regional sales plan and customer requirements
• Ensuring the safety and security procedures are all in place covering base personnel and are never compromised
• Drive and build a strong EHS Culture encourage HELP card reporting
• Adherence to GE compliance standards through leadership by example approach
• Broad knowledge of various products such as Surface/ Subsea Drilling / Completion Hardware and Controls equipment, Capital Drilling equipment and preferably an Aftermarket background
• Show strong leadership to his direct and supporting Expat and National teams highlighting the GE Growth Values
• Able to work closely and feed information to our onsite planner of customer equipment needs versus Onne resources available
• Overview ongoing work outside our facility, with the assistance of the base support engineering and QC & QA personnel
• Support the on-going projects at present from a services perspective
• Customer alignment and excellent communication skills required
• Working with our financial team creating forecasts and ensuring that these are met throughout the business
• A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
• Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria