Engineering Superintendent (Marine) At An Oil & Gas Company
Adexen is mandated to recruit an Engineering Superintendent for Nigeria.
Our client is a leader in the fabrication of drilling and production platforms in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
The Engineering Superintendent will ensure effective and efficient management of marine engineering resources. Reporting to the Marine Operations Manager, the Engineering Superintendent responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out regular assessment of KPIs on HSE, cost, schedule, quality, responsiveness to client, e.t.c.
- Oversee the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules
- Liase with customers on technical and operational matters
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
- Undertake any other technical related assignments as and when required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Good first degree in and engineering discipline or any technical discipline
- A degree in naval architecture will be an advantage
- A professional qualification will also be an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years in the oil and gas business, with a demonstrable track record of not less than 8 years in fleet maintenance.
- Previous experience with IOCs will be desirable
- A fundamental understanding of key subjects including HSE, cost, time, quality and customer management
- Extensive experience in ship building, ship repair and in dry dock operations
- Must be confident with excellent written and oral communication.
- Must have good people skills
A very attractive offer.