Job Vacancy At Diageo
CELEBRATING LIFE – EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE. Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean. Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what we do
Compliance Monitoring Manager
Level: L5 (M2)
Reports To: Compliance & Ethics Manager
An increasing challenging external environment is placing higher importance on robust controls and compliance programs:
- US Law – Bribery and corruption is severely penalised (financial fines as result of breaches have increased significantly e.g. Siemens 800m Euro)
- Increased regulation in Nigeria and a need to robustly manage our regulatory and statutory compliance obligations
- British Law – following US stance on penalties
- Implication of non-compliance on corporate reputation can be catastrophic
- Recession and resulting in financial pressures increase risk to fraud / bribery
Our focus is to step change on “embedding in the fabric” and to become a role model for acting with integrity, ethics and responsibility.
Purpose of Role
- Provide assurance to the business through compliance monitoring activities across all business lines, that operations are conducted in accordance with all applicable internal policies, procedures, laws, rules, regulations and the code of business conduct and ethics.
- Recommend and monitor remedial actions arising from monitoring reviews undertaken and report on progress made to complete such action(s).
- Undertake such other tasks that may be assigned by the Compliance & Ethics Manager from time to time.
Leadership Responsibilities An inspiring leader in the business:
- Key member of the Guinness Nigeria/Diageo Brands Nigeria Ltd Compliance team
- Assist in embedding the Compliance & Ethics agenda with functional stakeholders and cross functional teams
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Maintenance of records and registers including but not limited to gift and entertainment register, conflict of interest register, ethics point, etc.
- Produce high quality monitoring reports and analysis with insights to the Compliance and Ethics Manager on compliance monitoring activities, outcomes and trends
- Monitor remedial actions arising from monitoring reviews and report on progress made to complete such action(s)
- Develop and drive monthly Controls Compliance & Ethics dashboard/KPI for insights and process improvements.
- Carry out routing specialized audit on sales related processes and other specified areas.
- Monitor the Audit tracker and the risk mitigation plans to ensure close out of identified actions.
- Provide assistance to the Compliance & Ethics Manager in the execution of the Compliance & Ethics Agenda.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree in Economics, Law, Business, or Finance although applicants from other disciplines are also actively encouraged to apply.
- 7 Years post-qualification experience
- Experience in Data Analysis, Research & Risk management would be an advantage
- Experience in policy governance & compliance
- Strong knowledge of internal controls is an added advantage
- Interpersonal relationship building skills
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Track record of consistent delivery and service excellence.
- Proven ability to manage projects and facilitate business change
Barriers to Success in Role Inability to…
- Analyse data and presentation of report findings in a constructive and insightful manner.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation
- Build and motivate others to consistently deliver great performance
- Build relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Work flexibly and respond with agility to unforeseen challenges / opportunities at short notice