Multi-systems Coordinator At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited – Oil&Gas
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
About this job
The Multi-Systems coordinator will be responsible for coordination of technical (Engineering and Procurement) activities in accordance with the Contract and COMPANY technical requirements, within the project schedule and budget. He will be managing the Detailed Engineering and Qualification activities performed by UFR Contractor.
To this objective, the Head of Engineering will be responsible for:
• Follow-up Contractors procurement activities (excluding QC for which there is dedicated team).
• Work as a troubleshooter and drive the lead engineers for difficult technical dossiers that are not progressing as needed.
• Follow engineering and procurement planning and liaise with the UFR package planning engineer regarding planning issues
• Ensure timely delivery of procured and fabricated items to interfacing packages
• Deputizing for the Head of Engineering when required
• Attendance to internal and external engineering and procurement audits
• Organization of Company Project Technical Review with the company HQ and close-out
• General coordination task for engineering and procurement activities
• Attendance to the weekly Engineering & Procurement meeting with CTR engineering management
• Prepare contractual correspondence regarding technical subjects (in cooperation with Contract engineer).
• Supervision of trainees and junior staff
• Assisting in interface management as necessary
• Reporting to the UFR Technical Manager on all engineering matters with a focus on technical compliance, schedule and cost
• Ensuring feedbacks from industry and The Company’s other operated deepwater assets are available and accounted for in the agreed contracts for the UFR packages and subsequent work execution.
• Ensure that contractor QHSE practices are acceptable and that proper measures and procedures are being implemented by everyone concerned.
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are systematically considered in the design and managing UFR input to HAZID/HAZOP/PTR project audits.
• Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments)
• Follow up of close-out of Hazid and actions generated from safety studies
• To demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company requirements on technological risks management.
• To ensure that all recommendations from safety studies and technical reviews are fully addressed in design phase.
• Reports directly to the UFR Technical Manager
• Accountable for follow-up of procurement (excluding QA/QC)
• Accountable UFR technical coordination
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY (copy of diploma to be provided) with MSc or equivalent that relates to industry at large and preferably to Petroleum industry activities (such as Mechanical Engineering, Wells & Drilling Engineering, Controls, Ocean & Subsea Engineering, preferred); ideally the candidate will be also a chartered Engineer (such as CEng MICE); his education will have been complemented by professional trainings during his professional experience.
• Mininum 8 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry for offshore and deepwater subsea works with responsibilities including medium to large size team management, engineering experience for large size EPCI-C projects.
• Experience in the coordination of a complex multidiscipline Project.
• Good motivational skills. Sound organization ability and respect for planning and budgets. Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and THE COMPANY’s general specifications
• Good knowledge in pipelines, risers, structural, hydrodynamics and flow-assurance
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing