Senior Instrumentation Engineer At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited -Oil&Gas
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
SENIOR INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER
• Follow-up of detailed engineering & construction development activities related to instrumentation, control and instrumented safety design development for FPSO Topsides equipment: field instrumentation, metering and packages UCP interfaces with ICSS. This includes the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentations to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes, BV and SOLAS applicable rules.
• Monitor engineering, procurement, construction, expediting, Factory Acceptable Test (FAT) for discipline related activities. Participate with Contractor to progress meetings and to the inspections at vendors’ plants when/as required.
• Ensure a continuous communication & interface follow-up related to COMPANY LLI ICSS between engineering instrumentation and control team and COMPANY ICSS team.
• Review and comment Contractor & Vendors documents in due time. Ensure return of COMPANY comments in due time.
• Assist the Lead Discipline to coordinate the Company Instrumentation engineers’ team. Act as Deputy Lead Discipline when required by Management or absence of Lead Discipline Engineer
• Ensure a pro-active attitude in front of various interlocutors (Contractors, Vendors) all along the Project duration.
• Provide recommendations on spare parts.
• Report regularly the scope of work situation to the Lead Discipline Engineer, in order to anticipate corrective actions when required.
• Review vendors’ progress reports and instigate remedial actions where necessary.
• Provide technical answers to technical queries related to instrumentation and control issues.
Review vendors’ proposed technical deviations and coordinate proper technical/quality review, approval and response. Coordinate with DEV/TEC specialists in HQ when required.
• Promote and ensure an effective implementation of HSE rules and procedures under his field of responsibility.
• Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, and with Field Ops group on operational matters (in particular with LLIs items integration).
• Manage & attend regular follow-up meetings with contractors, LLIs suppliers and main package vendors, when required.
• Ensure that relevant feedback/REX from previous FPSOs are considered in the design performance.
• Ensure that design is standardized across the FPSO and in line with AKPO and USAN FPSO.
• Assist to resolve technical clarifications raised during construction and commissioning phases.
• Following up of field engineering modifications as relevant.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• Detailed engineering of Topsides to take place in Lagos.
• Detailed engineering of Hull to take place in Korea.
• Construction activities partly in Nigeria and partly in Korea.
• Part of FPSO integration to occur in Lagos.
• Good engineering dossier for instrumentation & control equipment all across the entire FPSO.
• Good and efficient engineering documentation review, comment and follow-up.
• Good leadership with engineering contractors and vendors.
• Follow-up of internal technical reviews (HAZOP, PTR 3, 4, and others).
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in instrumentation and control engineering.
• Experience: 10 – 15 years’ experience as Engineer in instrumentation and control engineering field in Oil and Gas activities e.g. turbines, compressors, generators, and usual packages.
• Strong engineering knowledge about metering skids, packages interfaces (control & safety), turbo-compressors & turbo-generator interfaces (control and safety). Strong knowledge about codes & standards and offshore commissioning. Strong and updated knowledge about vendors and instrumentation and control market.
• Experience in FPSO, or offshore facilities, is preferred.
• Available for technical missions worldwide.
• Familiar with Total GS.
• Language: Fluent English.
• Computer literate.
• Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
• Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
• Good analytical skills.