Grant Assistant At Widows And Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
A local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is currently soliciting for individuals who have God’s calling on their life to help widows and orphans, individuals who have a passion for vulnerable children and who are ready to join the WEWE family to help WEWE/USAID achieve its project vision ‘To make Anambra and Imo State the best place to live in Nigeria for over 340,000 vulnerable children and 68,000 vulnerable households.
WEWE is looking for applicants to fill positions for a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Anambra and Imo State’.
- To assist the grant officer with administrative and financial management of grants to ensure compliance with USAID grants processes, and regulations.
- To assist the grant officer to analyze and evaluate grant applications, monitor expenditures of beneficiaries, and provide grantees with technical assistance in financial management, procurement, and the planning and implementation of activities
- Assist the grant officer to conduct pre-award assessments of implementing agents/sub-grantees
- Assist the grant officer to provide guidance to local partners on grant management.
- Participate as a member of the Grant Evaluation Committee (GEC).
- The successful candidate will be based in Owerri, Imo State for 5 years.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of university degree and its equivalent in accounting.
- Experience budgeting using excel.
- Experience in project management and implementation.
- Have a minimum 2-3 years of direct experience in USAID donor funded projects.
- Willingness to move to Owerri, Imo State without relocation allowance
Method for Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- WEWE will not cover any cost for you to attend an interview if you are shortlisted.
“WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is Included in your applicant and it will not be used it as a selection criteria”.