Reliability Engineer At Baker Hughes – Oil&Gas
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit our website.
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes creates value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production products and services. Our leading technologies – and our ability to apply them safely and effectively – create value for our customers and our shareholders.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, we offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Engineers, scientists, technicians and business professionals can make their careers at Baker Hughes. We continuously strive to develop our own leaders by hiring the best and then promoting them from within
- Drive Performance Improvements by ensuring Corrective actions addressed to operations team prior to logging.
- Drive Operating Efficiency and Run Efficiency by interacting with Operations, Prior, During and After logging jobs, by auditing, coaching the system of Managing the Job Cycle.
- Lead regular local Incident Review & Corrective Action Boards
- Drive job and tool failure investigations as well as failure prevention
- Analyze Problem/Failure root cause for all failures encountered
- Identify corrective action as well as follow up on implementation for AMO and Operations specific problems
- Analyse Root Cause and document Failures
- Collect and store information, evidence and documentation relevant to any investigation in organized fashion (to be available upon request and to be transferred to other responsible party if other department takes over RCA
- Drive regular Technical Bulletin review and implementation meetings
- Ensure AMO and Operations are informed correctly and are taking action appropriately
- Ensure fleet upgrades are done. Provide risk assessment to Operations on potential impact (DWR’s)
- Provide regional reliability and performance reports based on globally standardized metrics
- Perform work in accordance with Baker Hughes HS&E policies and procedures
- Previous wireline logging experience
- Formal qualification in an Engineering discipline to a Bachelor or Masters level
- 2+ years’ experience in Application Engineering, Technical Support or Reliability Engineering function
- Wireline logging experience with Sampling & Coring.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player and able to work on own initiative
- Good leadership skills, able to supply guidance and direction
- Basic Project Management skills