Manager – Transportation And Network Expansion At Jumia
Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed.
Jumia is recruiting to fill the position of:
Manager – Transportation and Network Expansion
Introduction to the role
This position is extremely vital for Jumia and its shareholders because this is the punt to be future of industry in Nigeria. This would be the backbone of the expansion of e-Commerce growth in Nigeria and Jumia and arguably the most defining backend role in order fulfillment as the Jumia springs towards unprecedented growth
- Provide Leadership and Direction to a nationwide network logistics for Jumia
- Optimizing resources and developing organization effectiveness with infrastructure for short & long term company goals.
- Provide innovative & cost effective solutions for a fast paced and rapidly evolving e-commerce market in a challenged infrastructure environment.
Driving Performance & Profitability
- Communicating Vision & Purpose – Communicates a compelling & inspired vision of what needs to be achieved for the business to realize its mission and goals. Gains commitment from all involved in delivering their specific part
- Result Focus – Sets realistic and stretching performance expectations for self and others. Regularly reviews progress and acts to ensure optimal results for the business
Business Focus and Understanding
- Business acumen – Understands the business and business environment and uses this knowledge to leverage results for the Company
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal & external customers. Can successfully address unrealistic customer expectations and achieve an acceptable compromise. Sets and communicates clear standards relating to customer service.
Succeeding through People
- Managing Innovation – Inspires others to challenge business thinking, conventional views and practices. Promotes and supports an environment where innovative ideas can be developed and turned into benefits for the business
- Managing Development – Promotes and supports a learning environment where all employees work on focused development plans that align with the Company’s immediate and longer term needs whilst incorporating personal development aspirations
- Judgment and Decision making – Is objective and uses sound judgment across all business situations. Always acts in the company’s overall best interests.
- Influence and Impact – Plans ahead and gains commitment to ideas / changes through building support and by effectively communicating the potential impacts and benefits
Minimum requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
- Develop, mentor and motivate the team to achieve organisational continuity and expertise.
- Financial budgeting & execution.
- Leading the development, implementation and operationalization of effective Station Operations solutions for a complex operation utilizing vendors.
- Responsible for org plan, vendor evaluation, controlling costs and achievement of required service levels for logistics.
- Know the Network: You will need to understand the network we have built for logistics, and be able to spot the gaps from expectation.
- Own the Logistics Process: You should be able to set & manage expectations with senior management of different functions like logistics, customer support, Warehousing, Fulfilment etc.
- Co-own Execution: Co-own the execution of processes along with operations team (Delivery Hubs, Mother Hubs, Transport, 3PL & Market Place) and be able to drive the importance of network logistics through timely interventions.
- Own Goods Reconciliation: Understand the importance of goods reconciliation & its failure modes. Ensure process adherence & support DA in plugging of these gaps.
- Team Leadership: Build regional teams to enable pull for moving shipments. Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
- Drive Process Quality: Work with delivery assurance to enable better defect identification & process improvements
- Vendor Management: Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors. Own the terms of business with the vendor
- Understand Industry: Develop and implement industry best practices.
- Own Cost: Own network logistics cost improvement
- Consumable Planning: Ensure optimal inventory of consumables.
What we offer
- A unique education in working in a leading company in a new industry in Nigeria and Africa.
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An attractive salary package.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates whose experience and competencies match the job profile should send their CV as an email attachment with subject line YOUR NAME_POSITION e.g. Michael Johnson_Manager – Transportation and Network Expansion to: