CAD Operator(OFFSHORE) At Adexen Recruitment Agency – Oil&GAS
Adexen is mandated to recruit an Offshore Installations CAD Operator for Nigeria.
Our client is an Engineering, Procurement, Installation,Construction, and Management (EPIC-M) Company, with an ISO 9001:2008 Certification. The company is a member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and Pipeline Professionals’ Association of Nigeria (PLAN).
The CAD Operator will produce and maintain installation drawings (GAs, Layouts, Detail Drawings, Sketches and Diagrams) for field installations. Provide support to engineers through a variety of tasks including AFC drawings, red marks (modifications) and sketches. Reporting to the Installation Manager, the CAD Operator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Piping studies, 3D modelling, preparation of MTOs, Pipe Supports, Isometrics, Datasheets, Clash Checkingand PED.
- Interact with engineers and designers to quickly and accurately update/correct drawings during design process.
- Generate new piping discipline drawings (e.g. piping plans, isometrics, pipe support details, e.t.c.) using AutoCAD and PDMS tools, either based on own information gained from site or provided by discipline engineers.
- Modify existing piping discipline drawings as required by discipline engineers.
- Generate and modify other piping discipline documents (e.g. line lists, bill of materials, tie-in schedule, e.t.c.)
- Extract information from existing drawings (e.g. dimensions) at the request of discipline engineers.
- Locate and extract drawings from PAPYRUS document management system at the request of discipline engineers
- Conduct site surveys to obtain information necessary to develop and complete design.
- Review external drawings from vendors and contractors including as-built drawings to ensure they meet company drafting standards.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for all internally generated drawings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Minimum of 10 years in the oil and gas industry, with at least 5 years in the similar position.
- Previous direct experience as part of a project team in a construction role is required.
- Previous experience of working in Nigeria is preferred.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- A good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access as well as previous and current versions of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, legislation and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, dealing with third party certification bodies and other contractors.
- Ability to train, develop and motivate.
- Possess strong facilitation skills through all modes of communication.
- Have a strong background in behavioural based safety.
- Have knowledge of both upstream and downstream operations in the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to carry out CAD drafting for structural and offshore installation work.
- Logical thought, to aid setting up database systems and document record.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Thorough understanding and efficiency with company drafting standards.
- Ability to fit in as a team player within department.
A very attractive offer.