Internal Auditor Needed At Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
Our ambitious plans now mean we are looking for a highly experienced Fixed Income Trader
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant positions:
• To ensure that the internal audit function of the Bank provides quality services that complies with internal and international auditing standards and management expectations.
• To effectively and efficiently carry out planned assignments approved by the Head of Internal Audit.
• Having strong understanding of bank operations.
• Performing/leading audits in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology and professional practice standards; drafting of audit reports; presenting issues to the business; and discussing practical solutions.
• Applying in-depth level of expertise in branch banking operations including: ATM/Vault management, Credit, blank forms handling, physical security, etc.
• Understanding the interconnectedness of products and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact on the area of responsibility.
• Delivering timely high quality audit reports
• Upholding the highest possible quality of services through various quality control checks and appropriate allocation of duties.
• Maintaining the use of best practices by researching and adopting new audit techniques where relevant.
• Reporting monthly and quarterly and annual audit results; issues validation;
• Participating in major Bank initiatives and proactively providing advice and assistance on change initiatives.
Key performance measures
• Meeting quarterly audit plan targets.
• Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports to GIA and senior management.
• Budgetary expenditure variances to be positive.
• Level of legitimate complaints from customers and team to be nil or minimum.
• Positive feedback from Head, Internal Audit
Positive feedback from Internal Auditors.
Internal and external relationships
• Continuous communication with the Team Lead or Head, PBB/Business Support Audit to get advice and guidance.
• Consult with the Team Lead or Head, PBB/Business Support Audit to get ad hoc assignments and to obtain feedback on work done.
• Hold regular Portfolio Management discussions with auditee/stakeholder management to assess inherent risks and to obtain feedback on work carried out.
• Communication with the Team Lead or Head, PBB/Business Support Audit on progress with regard to the annual audit plan.
• Relate with labour unions where necessary.
• Develop and maintain relationships with External Audit Institutions and Regulators to receive guidance and keep abreast with changes and developments.