MTN Nigeria, a leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Transmission Edge Engineer
- Operations of DXX 8100, DXX 6300, DXX 8600, Tellabs 7100
- Operation of Huawei OSN, BWS and ROADM nodes into the TX network.
- Integration of new MSPP nodes into the TX network.
- Integration new PDH and SDH links into the TX network.
- Element and network synchronization configuration.
- Configuration various types network protection schemes.
- Provisioning of various types of TDM circuits, voice, BTS and data traffic.
- Provisioning and Troubleshooting of 2G and 3G IPRAN sites
- Provisioning of ATM pseudo wires for 3G node B integration on MSPP nodes.
- Provisioning of Ethernet pseudo wires on MSPP and NG-SDH nodes for WIMAX BTS integration and business data services.
- Implementation of various types of transmission cut-overs.
- Implementation of system change requests on core network.
- Build and maintain a good relationship between all network related sections, customers and product suppliers
- Ensure that expansion of network takes place on schedule and as planned.
- Normal MTNN working conditions, but may be required to work long hours
- Minimal local travel
Experience & Training
- Minimum of two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers and fibre optic transmission equipment.
- Ericsson DXX PDH and SDH multiplexer training
- Huawei Optix SDH and DWDM multiplexer training
- DCME training
- Specific Equipment Training
Application Closing Date
19th, September, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: