Network Engineer Position Vacancy at Ericsson
A connected world is just the beginning.
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions.
We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life. We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it.
It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
The Network Engineer performs design, optimization and audit of a network to meet the customer requirements. The Network Engineer role is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. The Network Engineer can be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
Network Engineer is responsible to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and Customer contract.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Identify add-on sales opportunities
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Assist in development of a service proposal
- Collect and document customer requirements
- Ericsson Portfolio Knowledge
- Planning, organization and executing skills.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Ability to handle customer meetings and discussions.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A University degree or Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or related fields such as Computer Engineering/Electronics Engineering
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in IP Technologies, Network Architectures, Radio Access Technologies (GSM, WCDMA, LTE), Transmission Technologies, Network Optimization, Network Design Process, Network Audit
- Knowledge with the following products:
- LTE RAN (Long –Term Evolution Radio Access Network)
- WCDMA RAN (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access Radio Access Network)
- RNC (Radio Network Controller)
- RBS (Radio Base Station)/Node B
- Fibre-Optic technology
- Familiar with Network Design Tools
Check here for more job vacancies at Ericsson