Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Weatherford is seeking to recruit for the below position of:
Job Title: Intercompany Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt
Ref Code: 45599
Business Unit: Business Support Services – Finance
- This position is responsible for the maintenance of general ledger.
- Accounts for assigned product lines.
- This position is accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules for assigned product lines.
- Handle all intercompany transactions, accounting, confirmations and reconciliations.the process must be completely timely and at a high level of accuracy.
- Record intercompany journal entries to clear intercompany transactions with other WFT affiliates and maintain intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Review/monitor intercompany accounts, i.e. invoicing and payables
- Ensure intercompany accounting policies, processes and operating procedures are clearly defined, in line with WFT policies, up to date and documented
- Accurate and detailed review of intercompany billings and purchases, including inventory and non-inventory activity
- Ensure compliance with Transfer Pricing policies, including thorough review/research
- of intercompany mark-ups on both billings and purchases of inventory and non-inventory intercompany transactions
- Analyze intercompany balances with other WFT affiliates and coordination of intercompany wire payments and intercompany settlements to comply with WFT and/or statutory requirements
- Resolve Intercompany Accounting related issues and disputes or escalate as required
- Other duties as may be assigned by the AP and Intercompany Supervisor or the Financial Controller
- Month end review/adjustments of intercompany mismatches and clearance Other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or the Finance Controller
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- B. Sc Accounting.
- Professional qualifications progression will be an added advantage.
- First degree in Accounting.
Working Experience & Skills required:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of the accounting cycle.
- Intermediate level of Excel and Word skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: When the page opens, select “Nigeria” from the location drop-down box, then click “Search